Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Number porting failed

SOLVED
FeliciaC
Investigator

Number porting failed

Hi, 

I’m trying to purchase a new bill phone online but when I opt to keep my number, it says that my number can not be ported. I am currently a three prepay customer. 

"this number cannot be port in try a different number"
Looking forward to any solutions or assistance you can provide me with

16 REPLIES 16

@Laura05 Aahhh! Okay, you need to log into My3. Using a laptop or PC, go to https://login.three.ie  and when you see your dashboard, if you are interested in a SIM-only plan, you need to select "move from Prepay to Billpay" however, if you want to go for a contract with a phone, you need to select "upgrade device" then "plans" and select which one you want. 

pre to bill.PNG

hi,

When I follow those steps all it does is give me the option of buying prepay! I want to go from prepay to bill pay with a phone and keep my original number.  I don't understand why it is so difficult for me to keep my number? 

When I clicked on manage plans it said that I couldn't change or modify due to my phone number. I have had the same number for the past 8-10 years so I don't understand why it is so difficult! I have spoken with so many customer care employees, through instant chat, twitter and this..and I keep getting different advice!

please PLEASE help. 

@Laura05 Can you send me a screenshot of what you see when you select "upgrade device" then "plans"? 

To upload a photo, you'll need to be on the desktop version of 3Community.

Can you tell me what plan and phone you're interested in? 

Same mistake, I'm trying buy a pre paid plan, and it shows the message "number porting failed"

@Annap Hello 👋Lets take a look at this for you. You say you are trying to buy a Prepay plan, are you currently on Bill pay and changing to Prepay or on Prepay and changing plan? At what stage are you getting this message? Post a screenshot if possible 👍

Hi, I am having the same issue as above. I want to change from prepay to bill pay but when I try to keep my number it says "Number failed", "This number cannot be port in". I tried going through "upgrade plan" but I am still having the same issue. 

@Sarah17 sorry to hear this. What Billpay plan are you looking to change to and what type of phone are you interested in? Let me know and we'll go from there 👍