Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

OnePlus 8 Pro Not compatible with 5G on Three in Ireland

SOLVED
LeeroyJ
Novice

OnePlus 8 Pro Not compatible with 5G on Three in Ireland

Hi there,

Is there any reason why the OnePlus 8 Pro isn't compatible with the 5G network in Ireland?
The band Three uses is N78 which is supported by the device.
I paid for a 5G booster and bought the device but for some reason it isn't compatible.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Just received oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 and 5G is enabled with 3.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
LeeroyJ
Novice

@LeeroyJ Hi there and thanks for posting 👋 Our Devices team is currently working with OnePlus to enable their phones with 5G over the coming months. At the moment there's no exact timeframe for when this will be up and running, we'll be happy to check for an update for you at any time so feel free to link in with us at any stage 😃

Just received oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 and 5G is enabled with 3.

Hi I got the same update the other day but my phone still won't connect to 5g I've a oneplus8 and on the 3network.. any tips how to sort this ?

@Raymond121 we're continuing to work with manufacturers to enable 5G phones. As @LauraH mentioned, we don't have a timeframe right now. 

So what's the update on OnePlus and 5g three.? I can nearly guess tho haha

Hi @Raymond21 we don't currently have an update on when the 5G will be available. It's still being worked on between our devices team & OnePlus.

Nothing new so surprise surprise

Just remember that it's an extra 5 euro for the ad on for 5g also, when the lowest top up amount is 10 euro... Changed my plan with them a few months back and surprise surprise, they never told me that 5g wasn't enabled for the Oneplus 8 pro that I said I was using. They were more than happy to change my plan from the old 20 a month plan that doesn't consume your credit, to the 20 a month plan that does, only for 5g that won't be enabled on my phone, after I spend another 10 euro to get the ad on.