Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Prepay plan does not activate allowances after topping up

SOLVED
RV

Prepay plan does not activate allowances after topping up

Hi, 

I'm hoping that someone can help me here as I couldn't connect to the support chat.

I use prepay plan for 20 euro. Since my previous top up expired, I topped up through the website 10 euro to reactivate the data allowance 2 days ago (I thought I might have some amount left in the balance). Then the next day I got a message that my balance is low and data was disabled. I checked and my balance was close to zero. I topped up 2 x 10 euro again and now the balance was showing as around 21euro but the next day the same repeated - data ran out, as well as balance... When I go to "see all allowances" page I see the first bar for Data in ROI showing as green with infinity symbol, all the rest of the allowances show as expired...

How come the 30 euro top up did not activate my prepay plan and unlimited data this time?

I lost all 30 euro in 2 days by trying to use the mobile data. I didn't have this issue before, so I was wondering if it's a bug or it's due to the fact that I did 3 separate top ups x 10euro rather than 20euro at once. 

Can I be refunded / compensated for this and have my plan reset again? I don't want to top-up another 10-20 euro just to lose it in a day...

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@RV Hi there, our €20 plans require a €20 top-up  ( €20 in one go) to activate the plan. You mentioned that you topped up by €10, this wouldn't have activated the plan. If you had data switched on, your €10 top-up would be depleted very quickly because without an active plan data is €1.01. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@RV Hi there, our €20 plans require a €20 top-up  ( €20 in one go) to activate the plan. You mentioned that you topped up by €10, this wouldn't have activated the plan. If you had data switched on, your €10 top-up would be depleted very quickly because without an active plan data is €1.01. 

Same happened to me with 2x 20€ topups within 3 days. Balance is still 0,00 €. Whats your explanation for that?

@malka Hi there 👋 I'm guessing you are on our 3 Prepay 20 plan too? Each time you top up by €20 or more on this plan €20 is deducted and your plan is extended for a further 28 days. If you need additional credit during this 28 day period it's best to top up by less than €20. Take a look at All about: Prepay Plan Activation for more info 👍

If you top up €20 Cording to plan and your balance is still zero 0,00€. After 3 days you top up another 20€ and according to customer service rep those 20€ didn't go toward the balance, instead the plan was activated again. Not extended, mind you for 1 month. Does anybody else smell a rat here. I've been told I can only top up my balance with a sum under 20€. O had jo problems before I started to top up on the 3app. I decided to go to the regulator for legal advice and leave 3 after this month.

@malka Hi there, I've moved your new post back to your original thread to keep the conversation in one place 👍  Anytime you top-up by €20 or more your plan is activated for 28 days from the date of that top-up. You say you noticed this since you started topping up on the My3 app, I'm wondering did you also change your plan around this time? Let me know, I'd hate to see you leave and I'd love to turn this around for you.

Yes I have changed plan at the same time to the then advertised 10€ prepay
plan. But topup asked me further for 20€ and so I thought plan wasn't
changed at all. Thanks for replying

@malka When was this can you remember? That promotion ended at the end of October. Why not pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can check your account 👍

Hi Laura,

I have also just realised I am not able to go back on my legacy plan, and I also feel this was not made clear at the time of the original switching "promotion".

I spent a long time talking to an agent in chat today without them being able to offer a satisfactory resolution, before being cut off.

Could you please look at re-enabling the old plan for me?

Thanks

@claire Hello 👋 Our legacy price plans are no longer available to apply to accounts. Tell me, when you originally changed your plan how did you do it? Online, in store, over the phone or web messaging? Let me know 👍