Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Re: All About: 5G Plans & Add-Ons

SOLVED
billythebad
Investigator

Re: All About: 5G Plans & Add-Ons

If using 3 Prepay 20 with 5G phone and always topping up by €25 is it clever enough to understand that you want the 5G coverage?

And has anyone had any problems with MI-PAY, because I've just registered all necessary bank details about 5 times and gotten no response, and am rather worried they might try topping me up 5 times every 28 days - i.e. by €125 instead of €25.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@billythebad Hello 👋 Once you add your 5G add-on in My3 this will reoccur each month 👌 So, when you top-up by €25, €20 will be deducted for your price plan (I'm guessing you're on 3 Prepay 20?) and the remaining €5 will be deducted for your 5G add on.

I'm happy to look into your Mi-Pay question too. Tell me, were you scheduling a top-up when you noticed this? Have you used My3 to top-up previously? Let me know 👍

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@billythebad Hello 👋 Once you add your 5G add-on in My3 this will reoccur each month 👌 So, when you top-up by €25, €20 will be deducted for your price plan (I'm guessing you're on 3 Prepay 20?) and the remaining €5 will be deducted for your 5G add on.

I'm happy to look into your Mi-Pay question too. Tell me, were you scheduling a top-up when you noticed this? Have you used My3 to top-up previously? Let me know 👍

Yes, scheduling top-up. First time using My3 to top-up! Just got no response from Mi-Pay, just a return to the same bank details screen looking for an OK - just hope 5 Ok's do not constitute 5 top-ups on the same date (28 day recurring, starting on 7th Feb.)

In addition, without a response I do not know if Mi-Pay will top-up on 7th - if not, then I'll just lose all

my credit in about 5 mins. Mi-Pay could at least acknowledge that they will do as requested!

@billythebad Hope you had a nice weekend 😁 Before scheduling a top-up you need to top-up once on My3 using your credit/debit card, once that completes successfully you'll be able to schedule a top-up going forward 👌

The first top-up is not using Mi-Pay, and is just a normal top-up using credit card details, is that correct?

And then I can sort out the 28day top-up, presumeably, using Mi-Pay, is that how it goes?

And one other thing - always used to top up using BOI. They do not yet have a €25 choice.

@billythebad Exactly! When you log into My3 you'll see the option to top-up on your dashboard, use that to top-up the first time 👌