Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Re: Fraud from Three?

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Re: Fraud from Three?

@BestBB Hi there and welcome to 3Community. I've moved your post out of our suggestions board and in to our Prepay board. If your plan is Billpay let me know and I'll move it there.

It is known that there are scam calls and texts happening at the moment and I would advise blocking these numbers. I'd recommend not to engage with these calls or to provide any personal information such as PPS number, bank details, or other personal data.

Can you give more information about the call itself? This will help other 3Community members who might have or will experience the same thing.

10 REPLIES 10
BestBB
Novice

Hi

I have received some call about Fraud from my PPS.

Number looks like 3 mobile. 

08********

Can you check is this real fraud information about m PPS or someone is trying to steal my data which is illegal?

Thanks 

*details edited by Mod

BestBB
Novice

Hi Deborah

It was some machine automation voice telling me about fraud with my PPS and asking me to press buttons for more. Can you check with that user are they legit or are they running scam calls?

ok, I got another one from 807 5331. They are all scams?

@BestBB I'm very happy to hear that you have kept your details safe by not engaging in those calls. I can't confirm if these are ligit but would recommend you are cautious. To put your mind at ease regarding your PPS number, call your local Dept of Social Protection, as they will have access to this. 

I've passed these numbers on to our security team to review. I've also checked gov.ie on your behalf and they have given advise on this situation too. Check it out > click here

ok, thanks Deborah.

There is 3rd call today and I really can't block them all. I won't give any details. 

807 3573

Maybe three network was also hacked? So many calls today from three.

just remembered, your security team can check if they are making lots of random calls today and block them.

This way they'll know what are they doing.

Got called 3 times today related to PPS scam:
083 81X XXXX
083 81X XXXX
083 81X XXXX

*edited by Mod

@MyCommunityName thanks for sending on those numbers. As with @BestBB, these have been sent on to our security team. Please be aware that this is known and check the link to gov,ie supplied above.

While some numbers have an 083 at the beginning , this does not indicate that it's a Three number, like wise for 087, 086, 085, and 089. Please be vigilant and also check our announcement about FluBot Malware too 👇

FluBot Malware 

For any body else that has had this experience, please outline the type of call and what was said. Then request to send a PM with the numbers by using an @ mention to the moderator team. 

For example @Three_Deborah or @LauraH 

Hi I. I'm getting 3 to 4 hoax callers per day now. Coming up as Irish mobile numbers and it's a pain inntge backside at this stage.
How can tgeyvkeep ringing me and is there anything in place to stop them. I only answer calls I know now. Maria