Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Reactivate SIM number ?

donegal11
Investigator

Reactivate SIM number ?

Hi

Had a SIM in a back up phone, it wasn't used in a while as it was lost. How can I check if the number has been recycled, and if it hasn't, how do I reactivate it?

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

@LuciaMalaga Ok, pop me a PM with the SIM details (phone number, full name, address and date of birth) I'll take a look and see what we can do 👍

@LuciaMalaga Thanks so much for confirming your details in PM. I've checked and your SIM card is indeed active so try it in another phone, all looks good from here 😁

I’ve tried another phone and it still says “not registered for voice” 😞

@LuciaMalaga ,are the phones you are testing your SIM in 3IRL phones or unlocked phones? The error you've mentioned above is usual when a phone is locked to a different network than your SIM.

They are unlocked phones and I’m using another 3 SIM card in both of them and they work fine. It’s just that one that I sent you by dm that shows that message.

@LuciaMalaga Good morning, we had logged out when you replied on Friday. Any luck with that SIM card over the weekend? 

Hi! No, no luck unfortunately. It’s still not working…

@LuciaMalaga As you've tried the SIM in other phones the next thing I'd suggest is replacing the SIM card. The phone number will stay the same and a SIM replacement is free of charge, you can order one over here. Once you receive it you can use the same link to activate it 👍