Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Replacement SIM activation

EastN
Investigator

Replacement SIM activation

My SIM stopped working a few weeks ago, as I was at the departure gates in Dublin Airport. So it was a couple of weeks before I got a replacement SIM. I don't top this phone up regularly (I've been gradually spending down a large credit).

When I go to activate the new SIM, I'm asked to answer 2 out of 3 questions - how I paid for my last topup, a number called or texted more than once in the last 7 days, or my usual top-up amount. Because I can't answer 2 of these questions (I haven't called anyone in the last 7 days, because my SIM has been dead for a couple of weeks, and I don't top up regularly), Activation fails.

My reference number is 04995209 - can someone check my account and tell me how I can activate this SIM?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi EastN,

Not to worry, I can check this out for you. Have you received an email to say the request has not been successful? 

I received the following email:

Thank you for Your SIM Activation request. Your reference number is: 04995209

Unfortunately we are unable to process your SIM Activation request as the information you provided us with does not match what we have on our system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay no worries, can you PM the name, address, date of birth & number? I just need to validate the account & I can get this sorted 😃

I don't recall every giving 02 my address or date of birth, and if I did, I have changed address a number of times since then (I've had this number for at least 12 years), so I have no idea which address you have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe try the most recent? Or you can always send on what addresses you remember and I can let you know which one it is.