Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SIM card not active

SOLVED
dabl8
Investigator

SIM card not active

I was just about to make a call on my Three SIM after 6 months of inactivity. It’s not working. Is there a way to get it working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@dabl8 Good morning. I've checked the details you sent me in PM and can confirm that your number is active. It's possible that the SIM you have is faulty. You'll be able to find part of the SIM number on the card itself. Let me know the number you see via PM. 

If it turns out to be the SIM card, you can order a replacement online here Just to let you know we don't post SIM replacements outside of the Republic of Ireland. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@dabl8, Hi there, I have your details in PM and I'm in the process of checking your account on my side. Just before I see if your account has been deactivated, are you on one of our legacy or newer plans and do you have a credit balance? 

Sorry, Deborah, I can't remember the details. My SIM was deactivated when I checked last December as well. I can't remember what I had to do; I think I had to call somebody. Which isn't trivial because I don't live in Ireland. I topped up around that time. Maybe £10

Edit: 50308 doesn't work . Probably since I'm abroad. I can see the balance is €10.15 from my account info.

Edit: now that I'm mentioning that the same thing happened last year my memory is jogged. Did I end up getting a new SIM card sent over to my family. Did they even send me the new SIM card? Only six months ago but can't remember. It's great that there's info about the expiry date on dashboard; unfortunately nothing about SIM card serial numbers or anything. I dread to think what eSIMs have in store for us 😉

Excuse me, what does this mean? "Any unused credit shall expire 180 days following voucher activation or application of credit to your account. This 180 day expiry period also applies to any credit on your account which has been accumulated on other Three prepay plans if you move to the Plan."

Surely I won't have to top up again just to have enough credit make a 5 second call

to keep the account alive?

It looks like the SIM card may have been mislaid. If the outstanding credit doesn't expire can you post me a new SIM card please? If it is about to expire, I'll let it go. I'm assuming another €10 will be required to keep it alive every time I need to make a call to keep it activated: is that correct?

@dabl8 Good morning. I've checked the details you sent me in PM and can confirm that your number is active. It's possible that the SIM you have is faulty. You'll be able to find part of the SIM number on the card itself. Let me know the number you see via PM. 

If it turns out to be the SIM card, you can order a replacement online here Just to let you know we don't post SIM replacements outside of the Republic of Ireland. 

Hi, how can I know if my number is still active after few months without using it? I was able to top up but is not working. How can I make it work?

@Lu_03401 Hi there, when you say your number isn't working does that apply to calls ,text and data? How much did you top-up by, was it enough to activate the plan? If you're able to log into My3, you'll see the number is displayed near the top of your dashboard.

Hi, thanks for answering, seems like the SIM card is not working, because I can't make calls, receive messages, nothing. I have an X on the reception icon. I topped-up 20€, in my 3 account says I have my plan activated (unlimited data, calls and messages)

@Lu_03401 sometimes this works : Power off your phone, remove the SIM, clean it with a soft cloth ( careful not to damage it ), make sure that the SIM tray is not damaged , pop the SIM card back into the tray and check that it holds the SIM well. Power your phone back on! Oh, is your phone locked to another network?