Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Switching from 3pay to 3 Prepay 20

Dylan_Oxley
Investigator

Switching from 3pay to 3 Prepay 20

Last night I switched from 3pay to 3 prepay 20, and I was wondering how long it takes to come into effect, Is it at the end of the current billing cycle? I recently got a 5g phone and want to be able to buy the 5g booster plan that's why I was wondering how long it takes to switch.

Kind regards Dylan  

15 REPLIES 15
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Dylan_Oxley Hi there, did you switch over to this plan through your My3? We have a very handy #3MadeEasy blog on how to this click here and let me know 😊

Thanks @Three_Deborah, My plan has now switched but I have a new problem now. I've bought the 5G Booster 28 Day add-on, I've checked the coverage area and I have coverage. I have a Realme x50 5g.

When I go into my sim settings and then to preferred network type there is no option for 5g and if I then open developer options there's an option called "5g network mode" which is greyed out and says "this feature relies on your mobile network operators network". I've tried restarting my phone and removing and reinserting the sim card and I still have no option for 5g. 

Kind regard Dylan 

Do I need to get a new Sim card?

@Dylan_Oxley 5G is fabulously new for all of us. If you have a 5G phone plus the boaster you should be good to go! Let's start by checking your background profile on your SIM. Can you send me your full name, number, address and date of birth by PM? 

Hey Dylan, 

The same thing happened to me. I have 5g coverage, 5g plan,  5g phone(note 10 plus 5g). I got a replacement SIM card too. But still can not connect 5G.
I think it's not about the SIM card. Looks like Three didn't set up proper 5G connection settings for the phone models. I sent all details about the problem and created ticket. And waiting for 2.5 weeks to be able to connect 5G. 

I was talking to live chat about a month ago at this point about the issue
and they said that they had created a ticket but I haven't got an update
from it. What details did you give them? As I might create another one
because I still don't have 5g.

I gave them details about, phone model and make, residential location, plan details, addon details. They escalated it to the technical team. The deadline for the technical request is 10 business days but I don't think they can solve it at that time.

Thanks, did you contact them through the contact us form?

No, I sent it over the live chat.