Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Text topup hasn't worked in months

SOLVED
SMcC
Novice

Text topup hasn't worked in months

Since October, anytime I try to do text topup, I get the message saying it can't be processed. And since I also can't access My3 without credit, this means I have to wait til I get to a computer to topup. Why isn't text topup working?Screenshot_20210602-110355_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-110409_Messages.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@SmcM thanks a million for that. I see your PM and will get back to you there to verify your details. In the meantime, can you tell me here which top-up methods work for you? 

As for your My3 App on your phone, I'm guessing that you've uninstalled and downloaded it again.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMcC Hello there. Let's take a look. Tell me, are your up-to-date card details registered when you log into My3? And when you're topping up you're texting TOPUP, the amount you want to top-up by and the last 4 digits of your registered card to 50406? Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hi. Yes, my card details are up to date and I'm following those instructions. I'm also finding that I can't log into My3 on my phone, it says service unavailable. But when I log into it on a laptop, it's fine and my card is up to date.

@SMcC, there are a few things to consider here;

1: Unable to log into your My3 App via your phone -service not available

2: Unable to log into your My3 App via phone- unless you have credit

3: Text top-up hasn't been working for you since October.

Can you tell me what sort of phone you have? Can you put your SIM in a different phone and try Text Top-Up then? 

If the text top-up doesn't work with your SIM in a different phone, please pop me a PM with your details > full name, number, address and date of birth.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, and no I don't have another phone that I can put my SIM card into.

@SmcM thanks a million for that. I see your PM and will get back to you there to verify your details. In the meantime, can you tell me here which top-up methods work for you? 

As for your My3 App on your phone, I'm guessing that you've uninstalled and downloaded it again.

Thanks.

I can top up from my customer dashboard on three.ie and I can use a voucher bought in a shop.

I don't think I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it yet, should I?

Reinstalling the app and resetting my password seems to have solved this. Thanks for your help!

@SMcC good morning. Hope you had a good weekend. I'm delighted that your My3 is sorted. Next step is text top-up, unless you have news on that for me.

I tried topping up again after reinstalling the app and it also worked fine!