Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Texts not being received

yuler
Novice

Texts not being received

I have a thingsmobile.com sim in my alarm connected to Meteor/EIR network, I can see texts being sent from the alarm in the thingsmobile.com website.

However I cannot send/receive text messages to/from my Three Ireland phone number from the device via the thingsmobile.com provider.

6 REPLIES 6
yuler
Novice

I've tested that my alarm can send and receive from a vodaphone phone number, and it works perfectly.

What's your device?
Generally for alarms it's a "2G GSM device", a three sim will only work in a "3G,4G,5G device".
So that's why 3 won't work for you.

The SIM in the alarm is from ThingsMobile.Com, and its roaming connected to Meteor EIR network.

Its working fine, and can be messaged by a vodaphone phone, and can message out to the same vodaphone phone.

But no texts are sent and received to our Three Ireland mobile phones.

@yuler thanks for sharing this information here and thanks to @billbond4 for helping. Have you contacted ThingsMobile.Com about this? From what you're saying the SIM is provided by them and I reckon the reason why your SIM is showing as "roaming" is that they are based in Italy. From your Three phone, does it show that the text is sent? Does your alarm SIM have an international prefix, if so, are you including this when you send the text to it? 

Have you contacted ThingsMobile.Com about this?

-> Yes, they supplied information that confirms the messages sent to the correct phone numbers, with full international dial code.

From what you're saying the SIM is provided by them and I reckon the reason why your SIM is showing as "roaming" is that they are based in Italy.

-> Yes, and its supposed to be roaming.

From your Three phone, does it show that the text is sent?

-> Yes it does.

Does your alarm SIM have an international prefix, if so, are you including this when you send the text to it? 

-> Yes, I have entered the prefix.

I ran Three.IE and performed tests on the call, and logged 2 tickets, one for my phone and one for my wife's a few days ago, so far no response.

@yuler thanks for answering all my questions. Can you send me a PM with the details of your Three account 👉 full name, number, address and date of birth? With these, I'll link in with our tech team to check on our side.