Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Three Billing breakdown removed from My3 App and Website

Saturn
Investigator

Three Billing breakdown removed from My3 App and Website

Following various issues with three billing(3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!) , it was good to see it working as supposed to and being able to keep track of the amount being spent on it via the App, albeit in a rudimentary way via a cumulative balance under extra charges under DEFCC(Data & Entertainment) - see attached image(the €3.99 DEFCC charge is a movie rental on Google Play). This has now been removed from the app and I cannot find any way to keep track of these charges via the website. It is perplexing that we can see a statement of call charges for a few cents but not for larger purchases such as movie rentals, books, games etc.

What is the reason for the removal of this, and when can we have a method to follow these purchases reinstated?

@Three_Deborah 

Screenshot_three-billing.jpg

35 REPLIES 35

@Three_Deborah Same as @Saturn my app is up to date.

My last Play Store charge has shown up for me under Extra Charges, DEFCC €17.99.  

If I click all events I can only see Call/Text and Data but no DEFCC charges.

Saturn
Investigator

@Three_Deborah Although no explanation has been received on this topic, it now appears that the 3 Billing option has been completely removed from the Google Play store as a payment option with no way to add it back. Is this the way 3 informs it's customers of changes to services? Why has no explanation been forthcoming despite requests for account info etc. I'm very close to porting to another network.

@Saturn Good morning there. I'm investigating why the data and entertainment charges are not appearing in My3 under your extra charges and if there is a way to separate individual purchases. Here on 3Community we have two examples. I'd love to get more examples from other Prepay members who use PlayStore.

What you are mentioning above is different; when did you notice that 3Billing was gone from your PlayStore payment options? 

@Three_Deborah Good morning.

I went to use the service this morning to pay for an app, and the 3 billing option was marked in red. This has happened before with various issues your side and was usually rectified by deleting the 3 payment option from G-pay then adding it back as a new payment option via the android play store: menu > payment methods

Only now, the option to use the three billing method has been removed.

@Saturn  I've reached out to our 3Billing team and now waiting for a reply. 

Now, on the other hand, Google rolled out an update yesterday. I wonder if these are related. I know the update affected some apps and has now been fixed. Some customers contacted our Customer Care channels about apps not working but not 3Billing. 

I'll come back to you either way after lunchtime 👍

@Three_DeborahThanks, hopefully they'll respond soon.

Yes, there was an upgrade on many devices to Android 11. However, I can't help thinking the problem with the missing spend breakdown using Three billing, and the now missing Three billing, might somehow be connected. Call me cynical by all means : - )

I had that issue that Deborah mentioned, it involved Google Webview and Google Chrome. A new update was pushed out dated 22nd that has fixed this. It affected a lot of apps of my phone (Google and non Google apps) yesterday evening,so worth double checking that.
On the billing issue, I still have 3 billing enabled and usable on my phone, can select it on checkout.

@dakaryellow @Three_Deborah Good to know thanks, especially that you can still use three billing. Maybe the upgrade to Android 11 has changed something.

@Three_Deborah

Thanks to @dakaryellow for suggesting it could be a problem with Android. For others that might experience the same problem, I cleared all data from the Play Store under "App Info" then the 3 Billing option, or direct operator payment, reappeared as an option under Payment Methods in Google play store. So that fixed it. Hopefully the issue about the spend breakdown will be resolved soon.

@Saturn That's great news. Can I still call you cynical? 🤣 I might end up calling both you and @dakaryellow the 3Community Play Store experts 💪

Now, let's talk about the extra charges DEFCC; I've logged both your examples. @dakaryellow as you've mentioned you are now able to see the total charges. Do they match up for you? @Saturn are you able to see the DEFCC? Last time the total charges weren't matching up.

( step by step lads)