Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Three Double Topup, Refusing to return money.

Michsel

Three Double Topup, Refusing to return money.

Hello,

On about 8th July threes system double charged a 20 euro topup, I rang immediately and was assured it would be refunded in 3-5 working days. I have called 6 times with no joy. I still haven't received the money back.  How do I escalate this issue.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Michsel Hi there 👋 I'm happy to take a look into this for you if you haven't received your refund yet? If you haven't received it, pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can access your account 👌

Resolved (not sure how to delete this post) - I had the same issue where it was double charged for the 20 euro plan and was told no refund was available. Also looking to get some solution or escalate the issue.

@Mercedes Glad to hear this has been resolved for you. It'd be great if you let us know how it was resolved in case any other members are in a similar situation 👍

Hey I made a doble top up, how I can report that for ask for a refund.

Hi, I just called and talked to a rep. Sounds like their policy isn’t super user friendly and they chalk that up to user error but maybe you can convince the rep of the error in their customer service and to return your money.
Best of luck

@Lu Can you let us know when you topped-up and what method you used? If it was by either online banking or through My3, did you get an error of any kind?

Let us know.

Can you assist me with the same Deborah?

While topping up for the first time in ages after registering on the Three.ie site it failed the first time so I submitted again but it has now topped up twice by €20.

@Samuel_J_Stephen Hi there, from what you're saying here, I reckon you topped-up via My3. Can you confirm that please? If it wasn't through My3, was it the instant top-up on our website?

Did you use a visa or debit card and which bank issued your card?

Let me know, and we'll go from there 

I topped up via My3 on the site yes.

Used an UlsterBank Debit Card.