Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Top Up Credit Not added to my account

SOLVED
Pauline79
Investigator

Top Up Credit Not added to my account

I Bought €20 Top Up Credit in a shop on the 30/12/2020 and I rang the top up call number 1744 to top up my phone with the €20 and the service didn't add it and said there is a problem with the voucher number and I tried again and same thing happened. I then rang the helpline 1913 with this problem and they said it was used on my number but it wasn't added by three to my account and my account still shows a zero balance and never showed the €20 being added so there is clearly a problem with the top up service and I still have no money on my phone and balance is still 0.00 and I spent €20 to top up so clearly the voucher that was issued to me is a false and invalid number. Three are checking it out with their technical team and they told me to ring back in 10 working days if I haven't heard anything from them, this is unsatisfactory as I have to wait 10 working days with a balance of 0.00 and it is not my fault and I spent €20 on top up credit in good faith and I rang to get it topped up to my phone and the €20 still isn't being added to my account and I was issued with a false invalid number that clearly doesn't work and I have to wait 10 working days for three to look into it. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Pauline79 Hi there, have you been in touch with 1913 Customer Care since you posted here? Technical investigations can take up to 10 working days. By any chance were you given a "case" number? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Pauline79 Hi there, have you been in touch with 1913 Customer Care since you posted here? Technical investigations can take up to 10 working days. By any chance were you given a "case" number? 

Hi, Thanks for replying to my post and no I haven't rang 1913 after I posted here on 01/01/2021. I rang 1913 on 31/12/2020 before I posted here and they haven't got back to me yet. My case number is 3420266.

Kind Regards, Pauline.

Thanks a million for that @Pauline79 Can you send me a PM along with your full name, number, address and date of birth? We'll go from there 😊

Hi Deborah,

I have had a similar incident. I currently live in Spain so have been using a local network. I was going to use my three account to contact people at home and tried to top up - Online and through text. Both came back to say they were unsuccessful, but the money has been taken from my account with no credit added. I don't want to engage with the chat service as it can take hours to resolve and I don't have the time, I tried to call 1913 as you suggested previously but the number won't work for me. Can you let me know my options please? Thanks. 

@DangerMouse Hi there, for the top-ups that were unsuccessful can you confirm are the charges in your bank account showing as pending or complete? When you tried to top-up through the website was it from your My3 account or the instant top-up section?