Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Top-up scheduled and manual issues

dakaryellow
Investigator

Top-up scheduled and manual issues

Hi,

I had an automated scheduled top up not process even though I received the "your scheduled top up will proceed as planned tomorrow" on Saturday. Needless to say all my credit then disappeared over the next few days unbeknownst to me until I received a "your credit is running low" at 0.00 credit.

I then tried a manual top-up but this failed with a "Oops..
We’re currently experiencing some unexpected problems
Please come back to the site a bit later on or visit Help and Support for assistance."

I waited a little time and tried again and managed to get as far as entering a Mastercard one time code to be then presented with:

"Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

And the web address at the time was "https://3ds2.digitalpayments.co.uk/Registered/ThreeDSecure/index"

So it is not showing as topped up and as it was a credit card I am unsure if I was indeed charged. So I will need to go without data until the issue is resolved. I sent a PM to @Three_Deborah with the details.

I see a few threads mentioning issues over the past few days, are Three encountering issues processing credit/debit cards at the moment?

I also tried buying credit for someone else and encountered the same 404 error on the first try on Monday but went through fine a few hours later. (Same card used for all my previous months top ups)

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@dakaryellow. thanks for highlighting this and of course I get an investigation rolling with the details you provided in PM. Just for extra info, can you tell me if your top-ups are 1: via My3 only 2: using a debit or credit card?

Was there any text notifications such as a bank verification or the like? 

Hi Deborah,

1. My3 only (web rather than app for all manual occasions)

2. BOI credit card (Same card that has been used for scheduled top ups for as far back as I can remember)

There was a text with a Mastercard one time code from BOI which stated:

"To complete your purchase of EUR 0.20 at Mi-Pay Limited use your one-time passcode <code> within 5 minutes. Contact BOI if you did not request this"

The above was only received for one of the attempted transactions (including the top up I got for some one else), and note the EUR 0.20 and not EUR 20.00 that I would have expected. I see @Modemadfan had a similar issue.

@dakaryellow thanks for all that information. This is the second mention of this on 3Community and I'd like to start an investigation into this. 

@Modemadfan Can you send me a PM with your details so I'll have two examples for the tech team? 

Anyone else experiencing this, please reach out to us here on this post, with info similar to @dakaryellow and tag a member of the 3Community team, for example, @Three_Deborah, and we'll reply as soon as possible.