Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Using credit on the Play Store

SOLVED
Daithi157
Novice

Using credit on the Play Store

Hi there,

I subscribe to a service through the Play Store and use my credit to pay for this every month. 2 days ago I received an email from Google to say that my most recent payment has been declined and to update my payment method. When I try to do this, the option I had before of paying through 3, although listed, is now showing as 'unavailable'. Is there any reason for this? I hope it can be rectified!

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Ok, so I've figured it out myself!

What I did was access my payment methods via the Play Store on my PC. Upon investigation there, it said my 3 account was no longer active. So I removed it as a payment option. Back on my phone, I went to the Play Store app and the option to add 3 as a payment method had returned! So I've set that as my default payment method once again and all seems to have returned to normal.

However, as soon as I removed it as a payment option, Google immediately charged my alternative method - my credit card- to pay for the previously declined subscription. A bit annoying, but not the end of the world.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ken2
Novice

I'm interested in this one too. I've the same problem. I normally pay for Youtube premium with my credit.

Ok, so I've figured it out myself!

What I did was access my payment methods via the Play Store on my PC. Upon investigation there, it said my 3 account was no longer active. So I removed it as a payment option. Back on my phone, I went to the Play Store app and the option to add 3 as a payment method had returned! So I've set that as my default payment method once again and all seems to have returned to normal.

However, as soon as I removed it as a payment option, Google immediately charged my alternative method - my credit card- to pay for the previously declined subscription. A bit annoying, but not the end of the world.

Cheers for that. 😀