Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Wasn’t able to top up and lost over 70 euro credit!

SOLVED
Cammie
Investigator

Wasn’t able to top up and lost over 70 euro credit!

I had a message that only arrived to my phone this morning (I am currently outside of Ireland) saying that my balance would expire on 18th September.  Once I saw it today I immediately attempted to top up but wasn’t able to despite contacting chat support.  Later in the day I had a message saying to try again and while my top up worked my entire previous balance was deducted from my account.  As I hadn’t received the message in a timely manner I find this very unfair that I’ve lost so much credit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Cammie Ok, thanks for the detail, that's very useful. Pop me a PM with your details so I can check it out for you. I'll need your phone number, full name, address and date of birth 👍

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Cammie Hi there, welcome to 3Community. It's unusual that the message only arrived today, was your phone powered off by any chance? Were other messages coming through? The more info I have here he better so let me know 😁

The phone wasn’t powered off, but the areas I’ve been staying in are somewhat remote and wouldn’t have great coverage.  Looking at it now I didn’t receive any messages on that phone in the past week.  I thought nothing of it since I was mainly using a local (US) number on another phone and was getting all my iMessage stuff coming through on it.

Should also mention that I returned to a city yesterday for the first time in two weeks

@Cammie Thanks for getting back to me, I understand now. Tell me, when you check your events in My3 when do you see that the credit was used? Yesterday after you tried to top up or prior to that?

The entire balance of 72.11 was still there earlier on Monday when I tried to top up six times and got messages that my top ups could not be processed due to a system problem. I then chatted online with someone at 3 who in the end told me to wait and try much later or the next day. I got message from 3Care a few hours later saying the issue had been resolved and to top up at my earliest convenience. I did so a short while later and the top up worked, however 72.10 of the remaining balance had been removed Monday afternoon after the unsuccessful top up attempts.

@Cammie Ok, thanks for the detail, that's very useful. Pop me a PM with your details so I can check it out for you. I'll need your phone number, full name, address and date of birth 👍