Webtext Offline?

SOLVED
Corrán_Tuathail
Investigator

Webtext Offline?

Is Webtext currently offline?

When I go to messaging.three.ie, I get the following:

"Service Unavailable
Sorry, Webtext isn’t available to use in your region. For further details, visit 3Community here."

When I click the link, it brings me to:

"Archived
This Content was Archived.
Try searching for related content."

Which is very useful!

I get the same message whether on WiFi or mobile data and I'm not outside the country.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Corrán_Tuathail thanks for keeping us updated. I've also reached out to the relevant team regarding the error you got with the link.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Corrán_Tuathail Hi there and thanks so much for posting 👋 I've just tested out Webtext and all seems good, give it a try and let me know how you get on 👍

Thanks, tried there again and working fine. Must have been a short outage.

@Corrán_Tuathail thanks for keeping us updated. I've also reached out to the relevant team regarding the error you got with the link.

Mac3
Investigator

I have exactly the same problem with the same symptoms & response ie "Service Unavailable
Sorry, Webtext isn’t available to use in your region. For further details, visit 3Community here." I have tried online chat support to no avail. I have tried 3 different browsers clearing all history & caches & get same response each time over the last week. Chat support unable to help. Can you please assist?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Mac3 Good morning & thanks for bringing this to our attention😊 I have reached out to the relevant team and they're currently updating that error message. I can confirm that webtexts are only accessible with Irish IPs, are you using an Irish IP to access webtexts? If Yes, please PM us your details (name, number, full address, and date of birth) so we can review your account and look into this for you👍

I am using Irish IP address in fact I am using Three.ie as my service provider & have done so from many many years. I will PM you details for further investigation.
Mac3
Investigator

I have checked again today via direct from my phone & also through another Three.ie wifi access & Webtext is working normally again. I have not moved so there may have been a unique 3 webtext service outage resulting in that message about service not available in my area as we have not been using VPN

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Mac3 thanks for the update. Glad to hear that the webtext service is working for you again😊