Webtext not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Navigator

Re: Webtext not working

Highlighted
Navigator

No. I had imported from the old system and had been using those imported contacts for a couple of weeks without problem.

Highlighted
Guide

Our tech team are aware of this and are working on this as we speak @Kirby

Highlighted
Scout

I have the same issue as @Kirby, I logged into the webtext this afternoon and none of my contacts and groups are there. I had imported and been using the new system since Three changed it. I also think the lack of viewing the Sent messages is a real pain. Any help please!

Highlighted
3 Staff

Hi GaryS, our tech team are aware of this happening with customers contacts and are working to resolve this. 

Highlighted
Navigator

Same here - had imported contacts & now none available & unable to import again.

WEBTXT - Here's a reply I received more than a month ago from 3 re comments I made on 3's facebook re new Webtxt facility ....
"I would like to inform that schedule messages will not be migrated to the new web text platform but you will be able to download and save any that you have set up at the moment and you will be able to set up new once- off schedule messages once you have access to the new platform".

This is a non-sense.
3 introduce a new fancy looking webtxt screen which does not offer the same functionality as the previous screen. Surely what I am using today is the 'new platform'. Why was the old functionality not delivered with the new screen ?
Also, what are the 3 non functional icons on the top right of the screen, used for?
Why was the old character counter not retained to show how many character could b entered in a txf i.e. the remaining characters that can be entered in a txt message.
Where / How txts sent b deleted & binned ?
Why were these omissions not identified when the specification of the new screen was signed off & User Tested.

Instead of 3 moving forward, some inept person(s) has been let loose in 3's IT Dept & has significantly reduced the functionality of a facility which operated perfectly.
And now my contacts cannot be accessed which were imported. This is a major €#_@%¥,¥"^ Up by 3.
I would like a Manager to explain this debacle and this post to be registered as an official complaint.
I tried to register a complaint & I was directed to this site.
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi j Delaney

Yes what you say is correct, the old webtext service was working ok, why fix something if its not broken, all the old features will have to be brought back and the saved contact's I had contacts from England saved but customer service promises to restore them. Issuppose we will have to live in hope that our webtext service is upgraded properly.
Highlighted
Navigator

The introduction of a new 'up to date' sexy looking screen which now has
little functionality says a lot about 3's company culture.

The response I received from 3 was pathetic & insincere.
The handling of issues by 3 in my experience is very often like pulling a
tooth.

To introduce the new webtext facility with all the fanfare also says a lot
about 3, particularly since much of the previous functionality was binned.

Were customers asked for their opinions.

It is obvious to me, customers were not consulted. I doubt if a business
person in 3 was asked because the 'new' facility is a total cluster f***.

3's IT Dept have a lot to answer for, for
releasing this pile of junk to the public.

To me, its a clear sign the company is going down the tubes as it cannot
even update its facilities with the basics and what's worse is the pathetiv
response I received from 3 - 'We'll pass it up the line - Thank you for
your feedback'.

It should have been given priority & any decent business exec would have
immediately pulled the new screen for proper developement to be completed &
restored the previous facility in the meantime.

Regards,
J.
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi J Delaney

Yes a great post I can't add nothing to that, the three customer services should get there act together now and get to work to restore our service.
Highlighted
Lookout

Hi JDelaney,

To be fair now the old webtext was using HTTP to send messages, that’s like sending a message to your love one using a projector in a public park. I am very happy to see the old webtext gone and new development taking place.

Now is holiday time and I am happy that I can still send messages even if I must type the number.

However after holiday I would like to see the features working:

• the address book
  • the sent and received confirmation status on sent text message
  • the history (at least current session)

Thanks and have a great holiday everyone!