Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Xiaomi mi10, no 5G connection

Bam
Investigator
Investigator

Xiaomi mi10, no 5G connection

Hi, i purchased a sim free E.U version of the Xiaomi mi10 recently and can't get 5G to work..my friend in u.k has one that he purchased from Three in England and it works on 5G over there and as i travel back and forth quite a bit i wanted something that would work on both sides of the water..on the 5G device list for Three Ireland it says devices listed and variants of them are supported, the mi10 t pro is on the list so i figured it would work here but sadly not.

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Bam Hello there. I've linked in with our Devices team who've confirmed that the Xiaomi Mi 10 series is enabled for 5G. I've updated that on our announcement over here too 💪 Tell me, do you have the 5G add-on on your account? If not, you'll find more info on this over on Re: All About: 5G Plans & Add-Ons . Let me know 👍

Bam
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, yes i have changed my prepay plan from the old one and added the 5g booster. Thought it might be my location as according to the map i am on the fringe of reception but i tried in Mitchelstown and Fermoy and still get no 5g connection. My phone is set to 5g preferred but i only get 4g+ appear on my status bar, its not a case of seeing it but not being able to connect if you get me.
Cheers for the help.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Bam Let me check your account to make sure all is set up ok. Pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth to get the ball rolling 

Bam
Investigator
Investigator

Pm sent..thanks again.