Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

daily € 2 robbery

SOLVED
pehu
Investigator

daily € 2 robbery

My 10 year old Nokia mobile was never used for internet access.

Recently, my account was being charged €2 each day for data
even though I was not using my phone for internet.

I was not informed of this charge in advance and I consider it
to be stealing because 'three' took credit from my account without my
having been informed in advance and I had never agreed to such charges.

The daily message did not say how to turn off this charge and there was
no way either to do so online.

This is very poor service and a rip-off. I want to have mobile data
disabled entirely on that number!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

With some help of different mods the robbery seems to have stopped now. Thanks so far.

Will switch on my mobile and see what will happen.

Smiley Happy

* post edited with additional info from Chilli_Pepper *

The message doesn't say how to turn off because the only way is to turn off the mobile data which is on the phone. Now they can completely block it as far as I'm aware but you need to ask the mods here to do that. It's a daily charge so if the data is on and something uses it on the phone then it's 2 euro for 200 mb, not 100% on that amount but I'd be nearly sure

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The message doesn't say how to turn off because the only way is to turn off the mobile data which is on the phone. Now they can completely block it as far as I'm aware but you need to ask the mods here to do that. It's a daily charge so if the data is on and something uses it on the phone then it's 2 euro for 200 mb, not 100% on that amount but I'd be nearly sure

Thanks Chilli_Pepper!

Usage history shows same amount each day.

cost € 2,

volume exactly 1.91 KB,

number called 0.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. You get charged 2 euro right away and then can use up to 200mb for that. Disable it on the phone in settings to avoid the daily charge but make sure it's not switched on by accident. Sending messages with those emojis will use data on some phones as well.

@pehu Would love to know if the advice given by @Anonymous helped? Is your niece no longer being charged the €2 daily rate for data? 

Thanks'

Unfortunately I don't know how to switch off internet in the settings.

So I just switched off my phone and the robbery has stopped.

If anybody can tell me how to ask the mods to disable all internet I will do so.

Would like to use my phone again without paying for unwanted stuff.

Thanks

pehu
Investigator

I just want confirm that I would like the internet service cancelled altogether on my account!

Thanks for any help

I've been having the same problem; at least €2 per day is taken from my account. I rarely have mobil data turned on. This had been happening for several months before I started receving a daily daypass text informing me I was being charged €2. This never happened with O2 and is a very sneaky trick by 3. I will be changing my network as a result.

Hi @pehu and @Rich 👋 To remove this charge you can either turn off mobile data in the settings of your phone (if you have any push apps/emails etc, the €2 will be taken from the credit as soon as you turn it back on again) or I can put a block on it here from your account and this will also stop the charge but this also means you would have to contact us back if you wanted it turned on again. Also just to note, if you do block it wifi will still work. Customers also have the option to purchase a monthly data bundle (€5 or €10) which allows you to use the data but also stopped the daily charge. If you'd like me to add the block from here, please PM me your number, full name, address and date of birth and I can get this done for you 😊 

With some help of different mods the robbery seems to have stopped now. Thanks so far.

Will switch on my mobile and see what will happen.

Smiley Happy

* post edited with additional info from Chilli_Pepper *