Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

"Top Up" disappears into the void

CMW
Investigator
Investigator

"Top Up" disappears into the void

I had the same issue!!  I'm a new customer who joined in February and kept being prompted to 'top up' my account in order to check voice mail, which I did more than once (paid €80 over 2 months) but still had no credit.  When I contacted Support, I was told that I could only top-up by 10 or 15 euros.  Otherwise, the money just went to 'my allowance.' When I asked if that meant I now had several months' allowance in credit, I was told that they could authorise a ONE-OFF credit of €20 to my account, but the other money would not be credited.  I don't see that written anywhere.

I said (via Chat)  "No thank you. No offence, but you obviously don't have the authority to resolve in an acceptable way for me."  I've now paid 90 euros for 2 months for my 20 euro a month plan.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH, 3.

3 REPLIES 3
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@CMW Anytime you top-up by €20 or more on the 3 Prepay 20 plan €20 is deducted for your price plan benefits. So, if you need extra credit for calling voicemail or international numbers for example it's best to top-up by less than your price plan amount. Take a look at All about: Prepay Plan Activation for more info 👍 In saying that, pop me a PM so I can take a look at the top-ups on your account and what the Web Messaging team have offered 👌

CMW
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Three_Laur. I do understand that now, but just was disappointed
that it cost me so much to find this out.

Happy to share the conversation I had with support with you.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@CMW Click on the link in my signature to send me a PM with the details 👍