Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

4G+ Mobile Internet

CMman
Novice

4G+ Mobile Internet

Hi,

I've recently noticed that in some areas of South Dublin I have gotten 4G+ service rather than the usual 4G. The mobile internet speeds tend to be a lot faster and I'm wondering what exactly is 4G+? Is there a coverage map for it or is it expected to be part of a bigger rollout announcement like the jump from 3G to 4G?
5 REPLIES 5
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@CMman you've hit the nail on the head. 4g+ is faster 😉 It's not available everywhere, so that's why sometimes you go between 4g and 4g+ 👍

Thanks for your reply!
I'm wondering will there a charge in future for using it and also, is there a way to know when 4G+ will be available in my area?

@CMman  Good morning 👋 there are no additional charges for 4G or 4G+ 😃 We're always making improvements on our network so you never know when it might pop up in your area 👍

4G+ is pretty fine. I am getting around 500 Mb/s download speeds and 60 Mb/s upload.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/6596210649 ]

Although few days ago I got a text message from three saying that 5G is finally available, but it doesn't show up on my phone! ;(
What's the reason is? I am in the coverage, my phone is 5G and network preferences are set to 5G too.
Is 5G running already, or that text message was a bit too fast?

I am on prepay, but they were saying that everyone is going to have 5G.

@eclipse05 Hello there 👋 I'm happy to help you out here. Tell me, do you have the 5G enabled on your account? It's €5 for 28 days and you can find out more over here 👉 click here . Let me know 👌