Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

5G is here! xD But... it's not working yet or what?

eclipse05
Investigator

5G is here! xD But... it's not working yet or what?

Hi all!

I am in the coverage of 5G. My phone is capable and set to 5G although I still can't get it to work on the new 5G that rolled out few days ago. What's the issue?

From some time 4G+ work nice. In Blanchardstown area I am getting around 500 Mb/s download speeds and 60 Mb/s upload. Proof - [ https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/6596210649 ]

But on Finglas it's still about 150Mb/s down at night between 2-6 AM, and at the evenings it's about 2-3 Mb/s which is seriously a joke 😄

14 REPLIES 14

Oookeeeyyy... So I wasn't informed about that. Just got a txt message that it's here and it works which seems to be now misleading.|

Let's say that I am interested in "3 Prepay 20". How shall I change my current plan into that one?
So far it says that it is €10, but when price will go back to €20?

OK. I changed my plan to it, but to activate 5G I need to pay additional €5 or is it going to be taken down from my credit? It's unclear a bit...
But anyway, when I am trying to get it I am getting an error xD
https://prnt.sc/uxnuad

You need toup extra. Dont make the same mistak I made where I toped up by E10 and it automatically extended my months subscription. 

I've changed my plan to the new one "20" that actually costs €10 a month. [In order to change plan you need to top up, or actually pay €10 - that won't be added to your credit]

Then I added 5G access for €5 for 28 days and it works. Magically 5G icon on my phone 🙂 Although in Blanchardstown 5G is slightly slower than 4G+. So... If 4G+ is running well in your neighborhood don't need to bother.

I'll let you all know soon how 5G behaves in Finglas tho.

EDIT: Nope, no 5G access there so my entire move to the new plan was pointless. 
What's more - the new plan is very much worse than the previous one so don't do it. From now on every time when you top up ny €20 you don't have those €20 as it is being consumed for a plan.