Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Getting random emails from 3Community re members new ranking

F3rgz0d3
Investigator

Getting random emails from 3Community re members new ranking

Hi, this afternoon 10th March 2021, I got like 2 random emails from ThreeCommunity@three.ie about random members who got upgraded rank. Something is broke me thinks. See image

q2GZVdAF3Uqmm.png

8 REPLIES 8
gijoe50000
Investigator

I got emails today from 3 about people obtaining a new ranking.

Why?

Why would you think that users would care about this?

It's pretty weird.

How do I stop these? There doesn't seem to be any option in notification settings.

I've also received 5 such messages today and am not subscribed to any three communications - concerned there is a data breach / hack of the email databases

Hi all, thanks for reaching out. I apologise for the inconvenience of these notifications and assure you that this error has since been rectified. An announcement was posted earlier click here 

@F3rgz0d3 @Broadband_Fail @gijoe50000 

lol..

Thanks! 😂

I can assure you that this error has NOT been rectified! I received 7 this morning!

I haven't gotten anymore myself, so they must be getting sent to random people.

It's a bit of a strange one!

Good way to get more traffic to the site though, even if they're all angry..

Edit:

So, I just got an email telling me about this post that I posted as if it was posted by somebody else. There's definitely some weird stuff going on at 3. Maybe they've got a new automated bot doing some of the work and it's a bit dumb, or something?

@mollyg75 Can you tell me the times you received those emails? Maybe include a screenshot here like to original poster? 

@gijoe50000 Hi and thanks for your feedback here. Yes, we're working on ways to improve 3Community and updating the older system. Did you're more recent notification call out "re: Getting random emails from 3Community re members new ranking" and mentioned who just posted? 

You can unsubscribe from this thread by going to options and selecting unsubscribe. 

Yes. 

Generally forums "know" that it was you who wrote the post so they don't email you telling you that someone (you) made a post.

Capture.PNG

Edit: And I just got an email about this post too, so it wasn't a one off glitch..