Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Upgrade price is the same as new customer price

SOLVED
SMM
Investigator
Investigator

Upgrade price is the same as new customer price

I am eligible for an upgrade and have been out of contract since July. The quoted upgrade prices are the same as new customer/non-upgrade prices. Why is this? What is an upgrade if it has no monetary value?

If I don't need a new phone, surely it would simply be better to move to a sim only or prepay?

I don't see any incentive or advantage to upgrading when I could save myself the contract costs until I decide to get a new phone and then just get it at the same price as anyone who upgrades.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMM Hi there 👋 Hope you had a nice weekend. Tell me, have you been in touch with our loyalty team at all? There may be account specific discounts that they can offer you. Why don't you pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll arrange for them to have a chat with you 👌

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMM Hello there 👋 let's have a look at this for you. Tell me, are you logged into My3 when you looking at the upgrade prices? The price of the phone is dependant on your price plan, the higher the plan the less you pay for your upgrade.

SMM
Investigator
Investigator

Logged in - upgrade.jpgNew customer.jpg

Hi Laur,

I checked both, logged in and not. As you can see from the attached screen shots the prices are the same for the same phone

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMM Good morning. That's correct, as both new customers and upgrading customers are agreeing to the same new price plan or monthly spend for 24 months then the phone price is the same. On Prepay however that phone is €859.99 so there is a significant discount for being on Billpay 👌

SMM
Investigator
Investigator

I understand that both are signing up to the same price for the same period of time. My question is what does an upgrade mean, if it has no financial value? There is no advantage to being a loyal customer.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMM Hi there 👋 Hope you had a nice weekend. Tell me, have you been in touch with our loyalty team at all? There may be account specific discounts that they can offer you. Why don't you pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll arrange for them to have a chat with you 👌