Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

When you will improve internet in Cobh

VladK
Investigator

When you will improve internet in Cobh

Why do you guys have this enormous overbooking in your services? Your internet is slow, and you don't invest in the infrastructure improvement at all. In Ruchbrooke off-peak hours, your internet barely keeping 10 mbps, in peak hours - it's good to have 2. Meanwhile upload is keeping 20 mbps, so it's not my signal. It's your greediness. 

*edited by Mod

16 REPLIES 16

@VladK Thanks so much for posting this info. Can you pop back to my most recent PM with your number?

@Schmikies Thanks for posting 👍 Tell me, have you noticed these changes just recently? Let me know 👍

Hi Laur. I don't know if your technicians did something, but after last conversation I can see the improvement. Sometimes speed is jumping to 40-60mbps, regular one is become 10-15. It not kicking me out from my vpn anymore at working hours. But in peak hours it still bad, dropping to 1-5. Sometimes, by looking at this trace it looks like you have major problems (maintenances?). But overall it's improved, yes. I don't think I can get any better on this channel. 

@VladK It's great that you've seen an improvement, thanks so much for letting me know 👌

And I just told that everything is ok, and again this:

In 15:00, in the middle of the work 😕

SmartSelect_20201117-153140_Speedtest.jpgSmartSelect_20201117-154116_Speedtest.jpg

Speed in February 16/17 mbps to 40mbps. Speed since the pandemic hit 0.2mbps to 2.8mbps.

@VladK Oh no, pop back to my recent PM with the requested details and we'll take it from there.

@Schmikies Can you also send me a PM with your number, full name, address and date of birth?

So thank you guys for your time, but as expected - answer was given by me from the beginning.

You have very good speed in my area - ~60 Mbps down/20 up. But you have just too many people on this channel. So in the lunch time, when people waking up and start to use traffic - I have already 5-10 Mbps down, and still 20 up. After midday, and at the evening traffic sometimes dropping to as the screenshots above.

IDK what call to technicians can change, since problem is plain and obvious. But thanks for the answer in PM.

Translating it to human language: "Yes, we have too many clients, who paying us money as for normal internet in civilized countries. (I had 1 Gb FTH in Lithuania 10 years ago.) No, as many greedy ISP's in Ireland we will not invest those money to improve our infrastructure. They will go to the huge bonuses of our stakeholders."

I understand that as support you anyway can't do anything about it. I worked in support too.

But! There also good news. Starlink is begin beta-test for EU in 2021. So it is a hope for the good Internet in Ireland for the people. Not soon, but still greedy local ISP's will be obsolete.