Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

WiFi Calling

SOLVED
Dave33242
Novice

WiFi Calling

Can someone please provide an update on when we should expect WiFi calling other than:

'Thank you for your interest, we're currently working on it and will update you when we know more'

I have dug through dozens of questions asked over the last 2 years and every topic is closed with the same response and no update. 

I have moved in to a new house and because of the insulation the reception is non-existent and while I know this isn't 3s fault it is something that is easily fixed by switching networks which I would prefer not to do. 

So, can someone give us any information at all about when WiFi calling is being released by 3 in Ireland. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Dave33242, I get your frustration, but I have no other information to give right now. The moment I do, I'll go back on the Idea's Board. I'm sorry, but there really isn't anything else I can say.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Dave33242 Hi there, have you checked out our Idea's board? This is an open topic over there click here and it's where we'll be updating the info. 

Hey Debohra,

So the only thread I can find there has 1 response, from June, that says the following 

We have teams working on making this a possibility on our network. I'll update the status here as it progresses.

Which is the exact response that is frustrating me.

Is there no way, that you could provide any more information other than 'watch this space'????? 

@Dave33242, I get your frustration, but I have no other information to give right now. The moment I do, I'll go back on the Idea's Board. I'm sorry, but there really isn't anything else I can say.

Totally understand, 

Thanks for the honest answer. Guess its time to jump ship to another provider. 

Thanks again. 

Eamonn_99098
Novice

Just switch man. I've just switched back to Three from Vodafone. I had absolutely no problem on vodafone. Using WIFI calling at home was great on my iPhone. I had no idea I wasn't going to be able to use wifi calling on three. Now they won't let me leave. What a joke. I miss every delivery to my house. It's a nightmare. 

Thanks for the response. I was still in contract up until a few weeks ago
but switched to GoMo and WiFi calling is FANTASTIC. Its also only 15 euro a
month as opposed to 3's 35.

Dlighted I switched, never going back to 3.