Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Mods Tips & Tricks: For the New Year

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Three_Stacey_1-1706105660597.png

Here we go again, 2024 is here! Traditionally now is the time to set some resolutions 😊 so, here are some tips to help you keep on track while you reach your goals this year.

1: Select a few, very few

Chances are you have thought about or have chosen some of the most popular New Year Resolutions at some point in your life, which include healthier lifestyle (fitness, mindfulness, better diet), improved finances (saving, budgeting, promotion, new job) or kicking a bad habit (so many to mention). How about making a list of what is important to you, and then be realistic about which ones are achievable? If you hate exercising, there is no point in joining a gym now or taking up running. The list just got smaller, eh? 

2: Set a goal, not a resolution

Think of your small list as a set of goals to achieve by a certain point of time in the future. Now, think of how you are going to get there. This will help you stay focused and reach your target, whatever that may be!

• Be specific about your goal/resolution. Every goal has a journey of how, who, and what. Consider these mini-goals are on your way ultimate one
  • Decide how you know and see that you are making progress. Use a tracker of some kind for a visual, whether it’s saving money, or how many steps you have walked/ ran in a day.
  • Don’t bite off more than you can chew though, know your limits and schedule. Can you do it, yes you can!
  • Remember to be honest with yourself. Can you realistically save €2000 a month or €200 or €20? Something to think about.
  • Set a deadline for each goal/resolution. They don’t all need to happen in January. Set end dates for mini goals too and what you aim to achieve by then. You will feel great when you have ticked that off the list and move closer to your destination

3: Utilise your smartphone

At this stage, we are all phone/data experts in our own right, so don’t forget that there is a mountain of apps out there that you can use to keep your New Year goals. Let’s not ignore the built-in phone features and your Google account.  

• Mindfulness: Here at Three, we know that taking care of your mental well-being is extremely important and there are various apps out there to help. With all the apps out there focusing on our health both mental and physical has anyone recommendations? Whatever floats your boat, remember to take care of yourself and should you feel like you need to reach out to someone, our charity partner, AWARE click here is available to provide support to you or a loved one who is feeling down at the moment.
  • Organise: List your goals and set dates in your calendar, Google Note or even the notes on your phone. I’m loving Family Wall and have created a circle just for me, with a list of my New Year goals and assigned a date for each one. Don’t forget that Google Calendar has some amazing features too, where you can add in goals, reminders, tasks and events
  • Fitness: There are literally hundreds of apps for this. Why don’t we start small with some steps and see if there is a pedometer on your phone already? I have a Samsung Note and use Samsung Health, just for step counting but it has so much more. Our online accessories range fitness watches that you can sync with your phone.
  • Healthy food choices: Again, there are so many apps to help you on this journey, there is even an app to encourage and remind you to drink water. Remember, it’s all about picking healthy options, so you don’t have to cut out everything. Have one spoon of sugar, not two! 
  • Learn something new: Throw 15 minutes into your phone calendar, this time is just for yourself. Maybe use this time to listen to a podcast about a random topic, or download a language app. I have set this time aside for reading books on Play Books.
  • Budget and save money: I just love online banking and my Revolut card. Because of my smart phone, I literally see where the money is going. One of the best pieces of advice going around is, put a small amount aside and forget about it. It will grow. There are, of course, so many spending trackers out there. Let us know if you have tried one or two!

Any iPhone users here? If so, do you have any tips about staying on track with your New Year resolutions/goals by using features on your phone? Let us know in the comments below.

We wish you all the best for 2024!! 

4 Comments