Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

Comreg Q1 2011 results out now

Highlighted
Champion

Comreg Q1 2011 results out now

Comreg's first quarter 2011 results have been published today. Lots of interesting items to pour over.  The complete doc is here:

http://www.comreg.ie/publications/comreg_quarterly_report_q1_2011.583.103867.p.html

Here's some initial mobile results to ponder

Almost 75% of three's customer base is post pay (the only network to have more post than pre pay customers) while 100% of Tesco's network is pre paid.

Between Q1 2010 and Q1 2011 O2's and eircom groups market share (Subscriptions) have dropped slightly (down 2.1% and 1.4% respectively), while Vodafone and Three have grown market share (up 2.8% and 0.7% respectively) excluding mobile broadband figures.

Vodafone‟s market share is up  by  two  percentage  points  this  quarter  and  O2's  market  share  is  down  by  1.7 percentage points in the first quarter of 2011. Eircom Group Mobile‟s market share has fallen  by  0.7  percentage  points  while  3‟s  market  share  by  revenue  is  up  by  0.4 percentage points over the previous quarter.

2.jpg
1.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comreg Q1 2011 results out now

The Q2 results are the ones that I'm waiting for, should make for some very interesting reading!

Highlighted
Champion

Indeed, the end of year results though I think will be the most interesting

Some other interesting findings from the q1 report:

Eircom's market share has dropped almost 10% in 2 years. this must be hurting eircom what with them being already laden with debt since their multiple take overs.

And as was pointed out elsewhere Cable and Mobile broadband are still seeing the most growth in broadband subscriptions. Combined they surpass total DSL subscriptions, a trend I imagine will continue this year.

2.jpg
4.jpg
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be most interested on the effect, if any, Three's recent free iPhone offer with AYCE data combined with their marketing blitz has had on the phone market. Practically everywhere you look they've an ad now. Competition can only be a good thing though!

Eircom are in absolute tatters though. The report findings aren't at all surprising - UPC are wiping the floor with them in the urban areas leaving Eircom to try and make the most of the rural market who are the least profitable customers to service... Not that they're entirely blameless, they used to treat people like dirt back in the days when you had Eircom or nothing and when the first sniff of competition arrived, many people were only too happy to get away from them!

Highlighted
Champion

Eircom are still incredibly expensive. They always advertise cheap rates with tiny text on the tv saying "valid for first three months only". Oh I hate that.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's sneaky alright but then, even with their "cheap rates" they are still more expensive than what you could get from UPC or a mobile provider paying full price Smiley Very Happy