Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Foggy Windows

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Foggy Windows

Foggy Windows

Does this happen to your car, especially on a winter’s morning? You jump in the car to go to work, to do the school run or other travel reasons and condensation has built up. The result is that you can’t see out your window making visibility impossible and your set off time is delayed.  This is because the outside is colder than the inside, and will always happen given this situation. Are there ways to reduce this? YES.

Of course, without stating the obvious your car might have a fantastic de-fogging system and your windows are cleared in seconds, still, the below tips will help 😄

• Keep your windows squeaky clean, not only will de-fogging be easier this will reduce the annoying streaks left from foggy windows, which make your visibility worse with sun glare!
  • Have a few clean cloths to hand. Some swear by chamois cloths/sponges or even microfiber ones. They’re super absorbent and will have those windows cleared in no time.
  • Make sure you don’t leave any liquid in your car overnight, like bottles of water or near-empty coffee cups. These add to the moisture/humidity levels.
  • Speaking of humidity levels, I use dehumidifier boxes. Leave one on the dashboard and one in the boot also handy to leave on windowsills in your home.

Three_Deborah_0-1606138886095.png

I’ve also heard that a small bag of cat litter will the same job, but I haven’t tried it. Have you? Do you have any other time saving tips for de-foggy your car windows. I’m almost sure that @billbond4 might find a gadget 😎

tagging @billbond4 @Donegal-3 @Dalk @RainbowRuth 

10 REPLIES 10
billbond4
Leader

Yes, buy a Ford and they have a great demisting alright.

I lash up the fan speed to the max and turn on air con.

@billbond4 I'll consider that next time I'm buying a car  😊 😄 Although I might be convinced to go pedal power, rarely using my own these days so I really noticed the fogged up windows on the first cold morning.

I’ve just got a new (to me ) golf and the difference in its defogging abilities is amazing! My old 19yr old golf had enough condensation to quench ones thirst! 😂 she’s now retired and resting in a dry shed until the (slightly mad plan) to restore her starts!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

I think if you replace the pollen filter,( or take it out and hover it) usually located in the glovebox. It will demist a bit faster 

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Three_Deborah Great tips here, I didn't know about the water bottles and you're always guaranteed to find at least 10 in my car 😁 

Ooh! A pollen filter! I never knew there were such things in a car! I shall check it out!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Yeah pop into Youtube and you will get a nice video on how to replace it/ clean it

billbond4
Leader

Or heres another handy Gadget for your car

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08D39BVN5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A little heads up display, total overkill as cars have a speedo, but i find it handy on my car 

I do like gadgets 

Donegal-3
Connector

To be honest this is what I do until the windows are clear
Stick my head out the window ....only joking 😉