Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

NFC

Highlighted
Champion

Re: NFC

Their track record only points to one thing cookie they will strangle the network and try an squeeze every last bit out the network while extracting as much revenue as possible
Highlighted
Champion

will they ever learn??? Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Champion

Ironically there is a 100Mbps fibre line 200m from my house, but is there an entity which will connect me to it? No.

So the best I can do otherwise is a 3Mbps -ish mobile broadband service from 3, which is in no way connected to the fibre line I mentioned.

Pat Rabbitte is a million times better than the total eejit who had had job up until recently, but they are still going for the same type of planning committee of heads of the vested interests in Ireland. If they are left to decide things, I doubt we will get fibre to every home in this country, which is what we deserve and need.

The Chrome/Google view of the Cloud is never going to work in Ireland. It's a total joke that Google Europe is HQed in Dublin and they are pitching this at us. Just like *duh* come on. Apple's view is much more realistic, although even what they are at is gonna push our measly download caps to the limit.

I am personally resigned to Irish Internet (like pretty much the entire general national infrastructure) remaining utterly mediocre for the rest of my natural life. If we get fibre to masts + LTE it'll be a pleasant surprise. But in general I plan to keep my expectations as low as they can possibly go.

Highlighted
Champion

Just reading this now http://siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/22275-irish-govt-to-set-ngn/

Bit more info than during the week. The Governmet's target is to have 50% of people on 100Mbs connections by 2020 and everyone on 30Mbs. Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Highlighted
Champion

So if we go by the networks view of speed. 100mbs = 10mbs and 30mbs = 3mbs. Sorted Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Champion

Smiley Very Happy We're nearly there on the 3Mbs!

Highlighted
Champion

So now they can appear as if they've accomplished it ahead of time Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Champion

God help us! I'm going to go out and kiss the fiber line running outside my house every morning!

Highlighted
Champion

Just read that link - there are only four countries in the EU that have slower broadband than Ireland? Out of 27 countries? Come on Ireland, get with the programme!

Highlighted
Champion

Yea that's what i was trying to get at earlier Podge, if we have a "task force" trying to address this now we should be aiming higher than this and deliver it in a quicker time frame.