Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Staying Sane

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

Staying Sane

What are you doing to keep busy (and sane?), we’d love to hear! Here’s how I’m getting through the latest lockdown, anyone else doing anything similar?

Working from home can be a nuisance for some, look at the positives though – no long commutes so more time at home with your loved ones. I love being able to make a nice breakfast for us all in the morning before logging in instead of the rushed bowl of corn flakes and shouts and roars to get out the door and into the car! Also, how much are you saving on diesel or petrol? Not to mention the environmental benefits.

Do the words ‘Home Schooling’ bring a chill down your spine? For me, I’m focusing on seeing how the kids are progressing each day and how they take pride in showing their achievements to their teacher over Class Dojo. Anyone else using this app? We love it here. What apps have you been using?

Three_Laur_0-1610979666528.jpeg

You can’t switch on a TV, open a newspaper or open a Social Media app without being bombarded with figures, images and warnings about Covid-19. While the majority are 100% necessary limit how much you need to read about it. In my house we’ve put a rule in place where we only listen to or read the news once a day, generally in the evenings after the daily public health announcement. 24/7 overloading yourself with this information can wreak havoc with your mental health so limit it if at all possible.

Lastly, it can easily become the norm to stay indoors and lock yourself away from the world. Try to get out every day if it’s safe and possible to do so. Even if it’s just to kick the ball in the back garden. A change of scenery will do you the world of good and let the kids burn off some of that pent up energy.

Three_Laur_1-1610979666550.jpeg

Stay safe Community and look out for each other and as always, your Mod team are here to support our customers when needed.

Tagging @billbond4 @Donegal-3 

4 REPLIES 4
Donegal-3
Connector

Such lovely words ❤️ I do love the mornings as well as you said no morning indigestion from rushed breakfasts And no more extra loud motivational shouting 🤣 I also love to enter wee competitions online for a little wee bit of hope !! Stay safe all xxx

@Donegal-3 Motivational shouting - I like it 😂 Loving the competition idea, a bit of hope and something to look forward to is what we all need right now 💖

billbond4
Leader

I get up early and do mange to do some work before the home schooling starts.

But its a bit of a struggle as i usually get hooked on a netflix or Walter Presents box set which keeps me up until 1 the night before.

Our kids school use an app called See-saw and its working quiet well, its good the teacher for my younger child is giving audio/video instructions so she can manage most of a subject herself.

And for my older son his teacher is doing a class Zoom call on Friday so all the class can get to talk for a few minutes which i think is a very good idea to keep them in touch.

But we try and get out at least once a day, we got soaked today 😞 but its great for the mind.

Also I started listening to podcasts, its a bit of a struggle while being on a Teams meeting but its a good way to break the montony  of some meetings.

No banana bread , but mince pies and buns keep the kids busy on weekend mornings .

@billbond4 I also find I'm staying up later and later, when you don't have a long commute in the morning it's easier to watch just one more episode isn't it? It's definitely great to get out, even if only for 10 minutes, for everyone's sanity. Funny you mention buns, I've a list of ingredients to pick up this evening for a chocolate cake at the weekend, I'm no baker but the fun is in the trying I suppose 😁