Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Issues ordering a new SIM card

SOLVED
Morgan
Investigator

Issues ordering a new SIM card

Hi,

I am assisting an elderly family member to replace their phone (phone is quite old and they are having issues). Obviously trying to do as much as I can remotely. I have the new phone and have been able to sync their apple and google accounts. I now need to get a new SIM card (new phone needs a nano SIM - old phone has a micro SIM). I can then drop up and set off the SIM activiation process.

I contacted chat support twice to order a replacment nano SIM to be posted to my address. Nothing happened either time. I then called the support line and talked to a very helpful person. I explained what I was trying to do and he did post a SIM to me really quickly. Unfortunately it is an incorrect SIM - it starts with the numbers 8935305 but when I go to activate it I realised it needs to be a SIM starting with 8935302.

Is there any way to order a SIM relaiably for a pre-pay account starting with the right numbers to my address (I am also a Three customer). Obviously the activiation can only happen when I go up to the account owner but I want to do as much as possible without physically being there and having to go up multiple times as a "trial and error" approach sort of negates the point of it

Thanks

Morgan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4
Morgan
Investigator

Are these forums being monitored? 

@Morgan Hi there, any of your Community Mods will help you with this, just pop one of us a PM 👉 #MeetTheMods , include the number of the person you are helping along with the delivery address  and we'll go from there 😊

Thanks - PM sent