Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Pay as you go to Bill pay nightmare

DLark
Investigator

Pay as you go to Bill pay nightmare

Hi, 

I needed to switch from Prepay to bill and contacted 3 to do this.

I was talked through the online process by one of your agents so figured it was done correctly.

A new sim arrived in the post so i called 3 again and was told that the previous advice was incorrect. 

In the meantime my actual number has disappeared. The number on my phone is now the temp number I was given. People can not contact me because the number is disconnected. 

I have been trying to call for the last week to resolve this but I get hold music for 10 minutes and then default to a voicemail. I have no problem staying on hold if I am going to speak with someone to resolve this however, its more then vexing when your on hold and then end up at a voicemail.

Why did I decide to come back to 3 billpay????????????????

3 REPLIES 3
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@DLark  that's not an ideal situation and I'll do my best to help you out here. Send me a PM with your mobile number, full name, address and date of birth along with the temporary number you've been given. 

DLark
Investigator

Decided to update this for people.

After 3 months trying to switch to bill pay I've been beaten by 3. I tried everything. Online Chat but got no where as they do not have access to the same systems as the Care team. Tried the Care team in Limerick and what can I say. Experts in getting you off a call with promises of callbacks and ownership being taken, then no responce. I even tried the formal complaint route where I received an email after asking certain verification questions, 6 in all and then nothing. 

I asked to speak to a Supervisor in Limerick only to be told that there were none due to Covid. What a classic. Its safe for phone staff to be in the office but not for their Supervisors. 

At the very least I would expect 3 to do everytihing to get new customers, treat them terrible after. 3 have an approach where they will do nothing to sign a monthly subscriber therefore I presume cutting down on future complaint. 

Signed up to Virgin instead. Easy online ordering system, Sim card is in the post. If they have me operational in less then 3 months they'll have blown 3 out of the water. Lets see if they can!!

Applied to Virgin after my last post. Sim card was sent straight out and an agent just ported my number over. 

I was literally waiting less then 24 hours to change to Virgin Mobile versus 3+ months trying to move to Three bill pay.

"Nuff said"