cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/ 4G Service

Navigator

No 3G/ 4G Service

Hi,

(Apologies, but I can't figure out where else on here to post this).

I haven't had mobile internet for 4 days. I gave it some time as this has happened me numerous times with 3, but it doesn't seem to be coming back this time. Thankfully I still have phone service, as often that disappears too.

Is this a problem with the network, or something that you guys can help with on your end?

I'm in the Cork city area and I'm using an iPhone 5.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
3 Staff
3 Staff

Re: No 3G/ 4G Service

Hi @ Emore, What options pop up for you when you manually select the network on the phone? Send me on a screenshot of these if you like.

Can you also go to Settings - General - Reset and Reset the Network settings? Then restart the phone and test. This will also delete any saved WiFi passwords though, just so you're aware.

Navigator

Hi @Bob,

Thank you for the quick reply!

I reset the Network settings and unfortunately it hasn't solved it.

When I go to manually select the network, it gives me the following options:

- 3 (3G)

- IRL - METEOR

- vodafone IE

3 Staff
3 Staff

Can you try all the Three options for me there Emore and let me know how this goes for you? Can you also switch roaming on in your phone? You won't be charged for this as it's domestic roaming and you'll be connecting to the strongest signal available to you there.

Also, whereabouts in Cork city are you? PM me your details if you like.

Navigator

Sure! Neither of the 3 options seem to make a difference I'm afraid. I've given them both a few minutes. I also have roaming turned on.

I'm currently in Carrigaline (which, granted, doesn't always have strong 3G coverage anyway). But I live in the city centre, and have been there for the past 3 days.

Highlighted
3 Moderator

Can you PM your number, address and date of birth please and I'll look into this further for you? Is it just data that's affected? How are your calls and texts?