Sending messages

SOLVED
Justin
Investigator

Sending messages

I can't send any messages but I can receive tried everything
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Justin Ok, open your Messages app and go to Settings. Do you have a Message/Service Centre Number option in there? If so, this needs to be set at +353868002000. If you don't see the option on your phone check your SIM in the other phone and see if the option is there. Let me know how it goes 👌

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Justin  Hi there 👋 Let's take a look at this for you. Tell me, have been able to send any texts since you posted here? Is this something new that's been happening or has it been occurring awhile? Any changes lately - new phone or SIM? Let me know and we'll go from there 👌

Nothing has changed recently the messages were sending fine before it stopped sending all of a sudden i can still receive messages fine. I've had the sim for over a year and it's been 10 months since I had my phone the one plus 7t. Thank you for your help

@Justin Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have another phone you can test your SIM in? This will tell us if it's the phone or the SIM card that's playing up 👍

Yes I tried putting my sim into another phone yesterday and still no messages would send. I don't think it can be the sim that the problem because it was working perfect until now. I feel like I need to do something with the apn or settings I don't know .Thank you very much for the speedy replies

@Justin Ok, open your Messages app and go to Settings. Do you have a Message/Service Centre Number option in there? If so, this needs to be set at +353868002000. If you don't see the option on your phone check your SIM in the other phone and see if the option is there. Let me know how it goes 👌

Yes I see the option and it was a different number I changed it to the number you sent me what should I do now

Thank you so much for your help everything works perfect and fine now mean so much ☺️

So it worked for a minute then it just stopped working

It seems that it works sometimes and then it just stops working