Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

iMessage and FaceTime cannot be activated on new phone

AdmiralHip
Investigator

iMessage and FaceTime cannot be activated on new phone

Hi there,

I am posting here because I am at the end of my wits on this. I recently switched from eir to Three, got an iPhone 11. iMessage and FaceTime have been trying and failing to activate since yesterday afternoon. Three says it's all fine on their end. Apple says it's fine on THEIR end. I am really upset because this seems to be a widespread issue but I keep getting fobbed off with no help or real solution because Three and Apple just keep saying they can't do anything. I have troubleshooted everything:

1. Turning my phone on and off, several times

2. Turning off iMessage and FaceTime, turning them back on

3. Turning WiFi on and off, turning data on and off, turning airplane mode on and off

4. Signing out of Apple and signing back in on my phone

5. Checked my date and time, it's accurate under settings

6. Checked that my number is accurate under settings

7. Apple said to get Three to reconfigure international texting which they did, and that did not solve the problem.

I'm very upset now, because I primarily use iMessage and FaceTime to contact my family who live abroad.

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

Hi @AdmiralHip, can I get you to PM me your number, full name, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account? I'll check through the notes to see what's been done & check in case we missed anything & help get this sorted for you 😊

It inexplicably activated last night, so either Three or Apple did something to fix it.

Great glad to hear it's sorted for you.