Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

iMessage not activated

SOLVED
Rude
Novice

iMessage not activated

Hello

Just moved over from Vodafone onto a pre pay plan and my iMessage will not activate. I’ve been into the help chat and no help was given. I’ve done all the trouble shooting. Sign in and out of iCloud. Turn on and off iMessage etc but still no activation. The phone is an iPhone 11 Pro and iMessage worked perfectly on my last network. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@EP that's fantastic, appreciate the update

@Niamh_04112 by any chance were you asked to accept new Ts/Cs? It's part of the new iOS15.2. From what I understand  apps like “iMessage” and “Find My” all failed until you accept Apple iCloud’s latest Terms and Conditions.

To accept the new Ts/Cs after you've updated to iOS 15.2, pop into Settings > click your name/phone name at the top where it’s got Apple ID / iCloud > Media & Purchases > iCloud and agree to new Ts/Cs. 

I must admit I'm an Android user, so anyone here is invited to show a screenshot or upload a screen recording to help the others on this thread.

@Nathan_01669 @owall  @AK1  sorry if I left out anyone 🤔

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Rude Hi there, sorry to hear that you are having difficulties activating iMessage. From the sounds of it you've done everything recommended on Apple support over here.

There is one last thing I want you to check. Sometimes when you port in, your "temporary" number sticks. So can you 👇

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.
  4. Use the delete button to remove the old number.
  5. Use the keypad to enter the new number.
  6. Tap Save.
  7. Restart the iPhone

When you do all of this, try to activate your iMessage again. Let me know.

Hi.

No I am still without iMessage after over a week signing up to 3. Can someone escalate this to a tech dept? I have tried all the online and Apple suggestions including the one provided above. I have even restored my phone to a previous backup.

@Rude thanks for doing all the trouble shooting steps. You've ranked up to scout meaning you can send me a PM. Click on the "send me a PM" link in my signature please and include your full name, number, address and date of birth. When I have these details I'll start an investigation with our tech team 👌

Hi, I've seen a few people post about this before.

I just upgraded from the iPhone 7 to iPhone 13 (I bought it from iConnect & not Apple) and I cannot get my phone number to work on iMessage or Facetime. I appear to be able to sometimes use my email address to contact people but not always.I keep getting the same errors: "Activation Unsuccessful" or "An error occurred during activation" when ever I toggle either setting on and off and try to use my number.

I have:

1. Restarted the phone
  2. Taken out the SIM and put it back in
  3. Reset network settings
  4. Checked date & time
  5. Rentered my phone number
  6. Logged in and out of iCloud

And probably a lot more. I also tried your web chat but they told me to go into a Three store which I can't do for another few days.

Help!

I upgraded my phone and I am now not receiving international texts. My brother in France tried to txt me and it failed, also my iMessage activation is failing which I believe maybe linked.

How do I get this fixed,

Hi, I am also experiencing the same issue. I recently just put my 3 SIM card in, and have not been able to activate iMessage for 3 days. I have had no issues in the past and have gone through all of Apple's troubleshooting steps. I know of 2 other friends encountering this issue right now as well. 

@EP @owall I've moved you both over here as you seem to be reporting something similar to @Matthew_06094. Thank you all for posting!

Can you both tell me what iPhones you are using and what price plans you have? 

Hi, I’m experiencing the same issue as @Matthew_06094. I’ve been using my 3 sim for a long time now with no problem swapping out sims and connecting to iMessage. Yesterday I put in my 3 sim and it was waiting for activation for 24 hours. Now it just says error with activation. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps (turn on/off iMessage, software update, reconnect to data/wifi, etc) and checked Apple servers. None of these have resolved the issue.

I’m using the iPhone 12 and €20 top up unlimited data plan.

@Nathan_01669 The more examples we have the better so pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can log this with our Tech team 👍