Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

iMessage not activated

Rude
Scout

iMessage not activated

Hello

Just moved over from Vodafone onto a pre pay plan and my iMessage will not activate. I’ve been into the help chat and no help was given. I’ve done all the trouble shooting. Sign in and out of iCloud. Turn on and off iMessage etc but still no activation. The phone is an iPhone 11 Pro and iMessage worked perfectly on my last network. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Community Admin

@Rude Hi there, sorry to hear that you are having difficulties activating iMessage. From the sounds of it you've done everything recommended on Apple support over here.

There is one last thing I want you to check. Sometimes when you port in, your "temporary" number sticks. So can you 👇

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.
  4. Use the delete button to remove the old number.
  5. Use the keypad to enter the new number.
  6. Tap Save.
  7. Restart the iPhone

When you do all of this, try to activate your iMessage again. Let me know.

Hi.

No I am still without iMessage after over a week signing up to 3. Can someone escalate this to a tech dept? I have tried all the online and Apple suggestions including the one provided above. I have even restored my phone to a previous backup.

@Rude thanks for doing all the trouble shooting steps. You've ranked up to scout meaning you can send me a PM. Click on the "send me a PM" link in my signature please and include your full name, number, address and date of birth. When I have these details I'll start an investigation with our tech team 👌