Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

iMessage won’t activate on new iPhone.

SOLVED
Dalk
Investigator

iMessage won’t activate on new iPhone.

Hello.

I set up my new iPhone 12 pro max last night. (Purchased direct from Apple).

iMessage is stuck on “waiting for activation...”

I can see through my three account that the phone is sending a message to a 0044 number to activate it. But no joy.

I’ve tried turning phone off and on, turning iMessage off and on, signing out from my Apple ID for iMessage.

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
45 REPLIES 45

Hi Deborah,

I'm having the exact same issue as the above user and one of my friends is also having this issue.

Yup All good there. Also correct in iCloud settings under Name, Phone  Numbers, Email section.

Thanks. Have asked few people to contact you via PM. Expect a few messages coming your way. 🙂

Ah ok...

Unfortunately I've no other suggestions.  Fingers crossed Deborah can get you sorted asap!

@iPhoneuser that's brilliant, thank you so much 💪 And here was I hoping to have a quiet day  😄 😄 One thing about the 3Community it certainly keeps us on our toes and gives us a direct link to you the customers 💪 

Hi all,

For those of you who can't activate your iMessage, be assured we're working on it 💪 I'll be back with an update tomorrow, however, our tech team is on the case and has their heads down to find a solution for all.

Thanks for your patinence.

I’m having the same issue. The issue started as soon as I removed the sim from my iPhone XS. Now iPhone 12Pro doesn’t activate and after trying the same on the old XS, I got the same error.

Issue definitely related to not receiving SHORT sms.
Another number from a different carrier worked within 3 sec.

After a few more attempts today, iMessage finally activated tonight for me. Thanks to all the people involved with getting this reported and fixed!

My iMessage issue appears to be resolved as well.

Hi Deborah,
I deliberately didn’t try last night and tried it first thing this morning. It now activated successfully.
Thanks a lot for the help!
Just curious do we know what caused the outage?