Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Mods Tips & Tricks: Going Back to Normality?!

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Tips & Tricks Getting Ready For....png

Some of you are returning to your workplace soon, and there are others of you starting back to school, college, or university in the coming weeks! Are you being sucked back to reality or are you off to a flying start? Well, here are a few tips to ease that transition 😉

Three_Deborah_0-1628690461511.png

The transport

We all have to get there, wherever there is, by some means of transport. Remember that there are some great discounts on Three+ for you to make sure that your mode of transport is in tip top shape and condition 🙂

• Driving: Maybe it’s time to get a service, renew your insurance, and get the best value for your fuel. With the autumn months on the way, there's no harm in topping up your screen wash and getting nice-smelling air fresheners. And of course, there are Three+ discounts available for all of these.
  • Walking/Cycling: Autumn/winter months tend to be dark and rainy, so make sure you are safe and seen by getting a high-visibility vest or jacket. Halfords stock these and guess what, yes, there is a Three+ discount. Get the right shoes and water resistant clothes to stay dry and comfy. And don’t forget a decent backpack for a change of clothes and packed lunches 👍
  • Taking a bus/taxi: Some of my colleagues swear by their Leap Card, as your weekly spend on bussing it around is reduced by 31%. So, in Limerick, instead of paying €30 a week, you will pay €20.70. Get the app for Android here and for iOS here. Let’s not forget taking a taxi either, as I have been known to use FREE NOW app every now and then, and it’s a top-rate app of 4.5 stars

The commute

There's nothing worse than getting stuck in traffic, so use your All You Can Eat Data to check on traffic along your route before you leave. This way, you will be able to anticipate the length of time that it will take you to get to work or school, and hopefully reduce frustration.

• Plan your route on Google Maps – green means traffic is light, orange means traffic is medium and possibly building up and red is heavy traffic, and red is a stand still!
  • Have a look at  AA Road Watch or follow them on Twitter @aaroadwatch 👌

No matter how prepared you are for 30-minute commute, it just might take 50 minutes. When this happens and you can safely do so, why not make the most of your Amazon Subscriptions and watch a TV programme or read something on Caffyn? I enjoy the odd audio book played through Bluetooth and if I’m feeling very motivated, I do a LinkedIn course, or listen to a podcast.

The Food

Your 3Community Moderators are big foodies, from home-cooked meals, to takeaways. Between us, we have checked dozen of apps, Instagram posts, and YouTube videos for the perfect guide to work and school lunches. One-size does not fit all and it’s really down to personal choice. Do have a look at our App of the Month: Mealime for some inspiration. Other sources of our inspiration around work/school come from:

Other stuff

We know that some of you have been going to your workplace every day despite restrictions, and some of you are still waiting for your industry to reopen. We would still love to hear from you with your tips for transport, commuting, and food. ❤️ Sign up for 3Commuity, join the conversation, and share your tips now! 🤗