Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Archived Comments Re: Article Number 766906

Three_Alex
3 Community Admin

App of the Month March.png

Archived Comments Re: Article Number 766906

This is an archive for older comments that were left on "All About: Phone Coverage".

Please note that the comments listed below were archived so they could remain available but allow more recent comments on the original blog to become more visible.

As this is an archive, no replies or comments can be created on this page. Please refer to the original blog, as linked above, if you would like to leave a new comment.

10 Comments
billbond4
Leader

Sounds silly, but going outside and see if the signal is stronger outside, you could be getting interference from an indoor electrical device.

https://www.theregister.com/2020/09/22/old_tv_broke_broadband/#:~:text=Turning%20off%20an%20old%20se....

SimonHogan30
Investigator

Hello @Three_Deborah ,

I have just moved in to a new apartment and it is a black spot for mobile/mobile data signal.

I have moved downstairs in the apartment block that I am in and the coverage was perfect in the previous apartment.

Any solutions to this? I need my phone for use in work.

Best regards,
Simon

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@SimonHogan30 are you on the ground floor of the apartment block? Can you tell me if you've tried your phone outside the building or a few floors up?

SimonHogan30
Investigator

Hi @Three_Deborah ,

Yes we are now on the ground floor, whereas the apartment we were in previous was on the first floor.

The phone signal is perfect apart from in the apartment.

I cannot walk outside to take a work call or to complete multi factor authentication with normal text messages. I need to be at my desk.

Thanks,

Simon

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@SimonHogan30 I get ya! Let's find out if this is a known black spot due to external factors or if there are works being carried out on a mast nearby. Pop me a PM with your full name ( if it is different from your username ) your number, address and date of birth. 

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Hello there, can you tell me if you notice this in any other area other than Dublin 13? When did you become aware of this? 

I'm wondering have you tried a Network Reset on your phone: 

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.
  2. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  3. Type in the device password if prompted.
  4. Confirm selection.

Let me know how you get on 

Josephdeveney

Do you know if there is any plans on increasing the coverage in my area? I used to get 5G with no problems but since the mast was moved I am lucky to be getting a H, signal outside.

Mitchellsfort / trantstown area of watergrasshill in cork.

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Josephdeveney Hi Joeseph & welcome to the 3Community. In regards to coverage improvements on our network, this is a continuous improvement. Have you checked out ourPlanned works schedule.? If you'd like to monitor our planned works article this will keep you updated on when works will occur in your area.

How is your service in other areas like in Cork city? Are you seeing a 5G signal? Can I get your Eircode & I'll check on the coverage in your area.

Josephdeveney

Hey @Three_Shane1. Yes nothing is showing on the planned works page. If I am in the city or within watergrasshill itself I get perfect 5G signal it just seems that the area I am in is now a dead spot since the mast was moved a while back.

T56DT86 is the area where I am.

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Josephdeveney Thanks for getting back to me. I've checked on the coverage in your area & can see that address is on the edge of the 5G service area. I've checked on the mast itself & don't see any works that have occurred in the last few months to move it or alter the signal in the area. While we don't have your area currently listed in our planned works file this is updated every week & improvements will be made in your area I, unfortunately, don't have an exact date for them.