Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Google Pixel 5 not added as a 5g device?

SOLVED
Swartzy
Investigator

Google Pixel 5 not added as a 5g device?

Hi all,

I've been moved to a 5g plan from my old one with three the other day as I bought a SIM free Google pixel 5 and am not receiving any 5g signal

Is this phone not added to your device list as of yet for 5g? All the settings seem to be correct 5g chosen as my network on the device etc but it still stays in LTE

Can this be looked at if possible? And if this device is not currently added will it be ?
37 REPLIES 37

I was just onto three chat and they have confirmed that my account plan is 5g enabled (I'm Bill pay FWIW)

I am on the latest version of android on pixel and downloaded the March update last night and rebooted twice. I'm in a 5G area according to the map but I'm still seeing LTE. Looks like it may not be live yet possibly? 

Thanks again 

@Swartzy @RunDMC Can you both pop me a PM with your Eircodes so I can check the areas that you're in? Also let me know your phone numbers, full names, addresses and dates of birth so I can access your accounts and check your add-ons 👍

Sent

Forgot my DOB in the first one but I sent another with it in it

Thanks

Heya just went to the shops there and it's working now

Nice one thanks all

@Swartzy Woohoo, great news! Thanks so much for popping on to let us know 😁

Me too, I picked up a 5G signal about 500m from home.

Hi, I can't seem to find any information on this, has there been any updates yet? Currently on the Pixel 4a 5g.

It works on my Pixel 5, although the coverage inside the apartment does not
make it worthwhile. Due to the nature of how 5g waves work, I'm not sure it
will ever be good for inhouse use unless there's a signal booster nearby.
Give it a try for a fiver and see what happens.