Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1600% Increase in out of data allowance price

Highlighted
Anonymous
N/A

Re: 1600% Increase in out of data allowance price

Nobody from Three is responding to my Private Messages  - also nobody contacting me by phone.

You are telling people one thing online and charging another. 

Also - on the Manage Internet page on the My3 login - it states:
Usage and charges are up to date as of the timestamp above.

Therefore Three is stating that these are the charges for overage of data. If you change this information to increased charges I am not accepting these charges and therefore wish to be released from my contract without charge - as customers have 30 days to decide whether to accept or not accept new charges and can decide to be released from their contract without charge.

I was told on a DM on Twitter that I will be charged 6.15 c per mb if I go over my data - but my login still states:

Any usage outside of your monthly recurring allowance is at the same rate as your recurring allowance. For example if you pay €10.16 for 700MB the next 700MB used will be €10.16 or with a 2GB bundle for €15.24 the next 1GB would cost €7.62. There is no overage associated with an internet increase, when it expires you will default to the above rate associated with the bundle in your plan.

Scout

I'm in the same boat. Huge increase in bill because of data over usuage. I've been told tech support are looking into it for me. People are going to get a huge shock when their bills start coming in.
Anonymous
N/A

Hi Colours
They're in pretty hot water I think trying to sort this out. Check your bill information on the My3 website. Where it says "manage internet" - it says "click here" for out of data charges- this information is in fact wrong. This means that these extra charges are an overcharge. They're saying one thing online and actually billing another! If this applies to you - you should definitely be getting a refund!
Pathfinder

I've already had the shock of what I'm being charged for overusage.....€199 on top of my normal monthly bill. I went over my usage by 4GB and I honestly don't know how. Constant "chats" with an advisor over the last few days to have my data switched back on as they'd cut it off. Finally got my data back only to find I no longer have 4G. Back to the "chats" again to have that sorted as I only have a "H" signal. My patience level has now reached my limit so I'm stuck with a "H" signal until I can actually face trying to sort it out.

Anonymous
N/A

Are you an old O2 customer by any chance? I f you are - check through this thread and look online at your My3 account. Click on Manage Internet - it will say "click here for prices" for going over you data. If an information box pops up with:

Any usage outside of your monthly recurring allowance is at the same rate as your recurring allowance. For example if you pay €10.16 for 700MB the next 700MB used will be €10.16 or with a 2GB bundle for €15.24 the next 1GB would cost €7.62. There is no overage associated with an internet increase, when it expires you will default to the above rate associated with the bundle in your plan.

You will be entitled to an overcharge as this information does not reflect what you are being billed! 

Pathfinder

Thanks for your reply.

I've been with Three since they were Esat Digi :-)

I've been around the 4 corners of the Three website and did see that pop up box. I still haven't received my monthly bill to see if the €199 is being charged to my account. If so, I'll definitely be contacting them Again!

Still no 4G.

Scout

I am having the same issues with Three. I was an old O2 customer as well and my manage data says different to what I was billed. Have they admitted this is a mistake to you because they are not taking me seriously?
Anonymous
N/A

Click here for more

Yes eventually they did admit it was wrong. I tried contacting them through MANY platforms and the one that eventually took notice was customer service on the phone. Demand to talk to a supervisor as no ne else was able to help me at all. Do not let it go - you were told one thing and billed another!!! 

Anonymous
N/A

Hi all
I won't have access to My 3 for much longer because I'm moving to Vodafone ASAP. Please -keep chasing this up for yourselves to get the out of allowance data charges refunded. You can't be told on a login one price and billed another. I have been refunded and thankfully, in the end dealt with a really nice customer service person over the phone. Despite this, the battle I've had over the past two weeks trying to get them to knowledge this overcharge has been exhausting and I don't have a huge amount of trust left in this company so I'm leaving for Vodafone. Try and get what's owed to you. Good luck all!!
Pathfinder

Well my bill is now showing on my account....€302!!! I will not be paying this amount. I'll be paying an amount of €57.83 which is the total including VAT before that €199 over usage until it's sorted.

I've never seen a price increase like it in my life.

mcnhazel do you have the number you called?

Thanks

C.