cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1600% Increase in out of data allowance price

Anonymous
N/A

1600% Increase in out of data allowance price

As many people are asking about an increase in their bill, I want to make sure that everyone was aware of the 1600% increase in the charges for the price of out of data allowance. It has gone from 0.36 c per mb to 6.15 c per mb. When everyone received the text that there would be a €5 increase to thir monthly bill -  there was a link to "other increses" - this was the only way to see the information about the change in data charges.

I got a shock when I saw this charge and the extra €145 on my bill. I think it caught a lot of people off guard and it should have been communicated better. I know I have mentioned it on a few other threads - I just want as many people as possible to know before they have a shock bill coming up! 

28 REPLIES

Re: 1600% Increase in out of data allowance price

Hi, I've had the same problem since this price plan change. I'm not doing anything different as regards internet but I'm reaching my limit faster than ever, even though they upped me from 6GB to 8GB. Then of course i have incurred the scandalous over usage fees.. currently standing at €50 with a week left until the bill is due. I only realised this when I logged on to the site yesterday. I rang customer 'care' and she didn't seem to. I went on one of the private chats with an agent this morning and thought I had got somewhere  but when I looked at my account later there was no change. I again went down the chat route and the person I got just proceeded to read out quotes and terms from the customer service handbook. These charges are a joke but the funny thing is, when I click on the price details tab regarding data usage it tells me that I should be charged the same rate when I go over as I'm charged for the Internet allowance in my plan..... So 8GB over should be charged at €20. That's not what they are telling me. Steve

3 Moderator

Hi @steveo1982 PM us your number, name. address and DOB? I'll take a look into this.

Anonymous
N/A

There was very little transparancey in relation to informing customers about this increase. That is why many of us are only now becomming aware of

these skyrocketing bills for data. I have never had a price increase on any bill for as much as 1600% that has not been communicated to me clearly.

I am in the progress of lodging a complaint to Comreg about this increase and the way it was introduced and I encourage any other customers in this situation to do so also if they are unsatisfied with the way 3 have handled it. 

Anonymous
N/A

As I said before - any price increase in the region of 1600% should be DIRECTLY communicated to customers - NOT through clicking on a link.  ------ 1600%!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
N/A

After a very long and tiring few days - I finally got someone from Three on web chat to admit that the charges listed for out of allowance data online were WRONG! When I was logging on and checking my data remaining information- the link that you click on to check the out of allowance prices had DIFFERENT prices than what I was actually charged!! So I was checking the cost of out of allowance charges, using data accordingly - then was charged 1600% MORE!! After finally getting someone to acknowledge this - they just told me to "ignore" the information online that it was out of date and that they would not refund me AlL the charges that I was MISINFORMED about!! After repeatedly saying this was appalling, a breach, wrong etc I was told someone would look into it but not surprisingly I have heard nothing as apparently I have to be the one to contact them in 5 days as web support won't get an actual person to ring me. This is an extremely serious matter - Three were telling customers a charge was one thing online but actually billing them 1600% more than this! And they're not treating it like it needs immediate attention!!  

Anonymous
N/A

This is what they said after I had to convince them for a LONG time that they had the wrong information up and we're telling customers one thing and then charging another. So I'm supposed to just "ignore" the wrong information and let it go??!

"I would request you to please ignore the message on the site, as it might not be updated with the new charges. I will forward this to the concern team so that they can check and get it corrected."

Scout

I received a text about two days ago to say i have gone over €2 over my bill. A 1600% increase is rediculous. I have just checked my account to see that I will be charged in excess of €80 for data charges. I had no idea about this change.. 

3 Moderator

@BRED I've got back to your PM 👍

Anonymous
N/A

Three will hopefully be contacting all customers affected and should give everyone a refund. When you log on to your account online to " manage internet " and check the price for out of data allowance - this is different from the price they're billing you! It's disgraceful- it took me 4 days of constant ringing/tweeting/web chat etc to get them to admit this.