cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan. Now data usage figures way up. Crazy bill.

Pathfinder

Change plan. Now data usage figures way up. Crazy bill.

Hi there, 

I changed plan in the Dundrum store a few weeks ago. Plan went from 2gb data to 6gb.

Ever since then my data usage figures according to 3 have skyrocketed. I've only ever used about 2.5gb per month for the last 24,now you're saying i have used 7.5gb in June.

To compound my frustration i have been billed EIGHTY euro for the 1.5gb over plan?!?! 

Its impossible to find any further details of the plan on your site, i have no idea what sort of plan he put me on that charges 50 quid per gb over plan. Pretty scandalous. 

Can you look into this for me and do something about the bill please?? 

Thank you. 

22 REPLIES
3 Moderator

Re: Change plan. Now data usage figures way up. Crazy bill.

Hi dubleinster, I can look into this for you. Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can access your account?

Pathfinder

So Mairead got back to me with "any usage over plan is 6.15 per Mb." that it. 

This was not made clear to me when i was talked into changing to this plan in store. 

A search for my plan name three circle open plus on your website shows 0 results found. 

My previous plan did not charge this extortionate figure. I received no spend alerts. 

80 quid for 1.5 gb, please tell me this is a joke. 

Anonymous
N/A

Hi there

I am in the same situation and am currently in a dipute with 3 about this. People will be shocked to learn that - the increase for out of allowance data is now 1600% higher!!!!!!!!

It went from 0.36c per mb to 6.15 c per mb. I don't feel this was communicated clearly and I am contacting Comreg about it. It's a disgrace.

Anonymous
N/A

My out of data bill was an extra 140 euro!! Normall approx 7 euro!!

3 Staff

You can find all the details on your plan and out of bundle rates here http://bit.ly/2sWFOWY under the Consumer Bill Pay Pricing section. 

Anonymous
N/A

A 1600% increase in any charge should be communicated to customers directly without making them click on links to find them themselves. I was told directly that 5 euro was being added on to my bill but not a price increase of 1600%!? not acceptable.

Pathfinder

Ah here you want me to dig through your website to find an excel sheet of ancient plans to find out how much I'm paying to you? I'm a customer of yours for about 18 years and this is how I'm treated? 80 quid plus vat for 1.5gb of data. Why was i mis sold this in your Dundrum store? I want this charge off my account and i want out of this absolutely terrible plan. 

3 Moderator

Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can access your account and check this out for you mcnhazel?

Anonymous
N/A

PM sent