cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Premium service 57030

Anonymous
Not applicable

Charged for Premium service 57030

I analysed my bill and realised I was charged by 57030 6 times in one day for a service I did not subscribe to. Monica in O2 advised me to text STOP to this no. and I would be unsubsribed. However when I texted this, I got a reply to say You are not subscribed to any services. When i phoned up on reviewing my bill, Monica advised that she will send an email to them to unsubscribe.

This shoud not be allowed to happen. Can O2 give me reassurance that i will not be charged again?
Very irate customer
14 REPLIES 14
3 Staff

Re: Charged for Premium service 57030

Hi,

Take a look at all the details here http://www.phonesmart.ie/NumberChecker/57030#.UcCQ3tj3N20

It can take up to 24 hours for this service to be fully deactivated, you should not get any more texts after this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

You have sent me instructions to do what I have already done and also clearly stated in my initial post. I had been advised that I wasn't subscribed to any services. I would like reassurance from O2 that I will not be billed in any other bills from this premium service? This must be blocked from my phone.
Highlighted
3 Staff

Hi, to unsubscribe from a premium text service a customer must text STOP to the number. If you continue to receive further text messages from this number you will need to contact the premium company in question directly or alternatively contact Comreg. Full complaint details can be found at the above link.

It is possible that if you purchased any sort of online content e.g games etc on your phone then the texts were sent as a method of charging and in that case it would mean these were one off charges and not a subscription.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received 4 texts from this premium service also. Only noticed when I got  text from three to say I can over my normal monthly spend. I did not "subscribe" to this premium service. How can they be allowed to charge my account €2.30 per text. 

Tutor

Hi @Anonymous,

There would be a 3rd party company running them- can you send on the short number they use and I'll be able to get you their contact details?

Thanks,
Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Bob, where do I find the short Number ? I deleted the txt messages and texted STOP to the 57030 number. I then received a txt from Free MSg saying "You are not subscribed to any services"

Tutor

The short number will be either on the texts you receive or on the print out of your bill, @Anonymous. Pop back to me with it and I'll have a look into this for you more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Bob, I deleted the txts, On the bill they are listed as Premium Text 12 for the destination and 57030 for the called number, five texts in total @ 2.03 each plus another 0.09 for texting STOP

Maestro

Thanks pattanner.

The number is connected to a company called Zamano. Their contact details 076 6801002 or you can pop them an email to cs@zamano.com.

Let me know if there's anything else.