Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Defined credit level text - again

SMM
Investigator
Investigator

Defined credit level text - again

Early this morning I received a text stating that I reached 90% of my defined credit limit 75. I can't see how this is accurate and it is not the first time I got that text.
Why have I received it, and why has it happened more than once?

5 REPLIES 5
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMM Good morning 👋 this text means that you're coming close to the €75 credit limit on your account. Have you had any charges outside your price plan charge recently? Have a look in My3 in View Unbilled Events and you'll be able to see the charges there. Let me know how you get on 👍

SMM
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Laur

I'm not on a price plan with a €75 credit limit. This is the third time I've received the same message, and I have reported it in before. It cannot be accurate as I have 87% of 350 flexi units left and 97% of three to three calls left.

It's quite annoying that this is still happening even though it was already reported.

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMM Not to worry, we'll get to the bottom of this 💪 €75 is generally the default limit set on Bill Pay accounts if you don't request a different one. Has there been anything else recently that would increase your bill? International calls, Pay by Mobile transactions, anything like that? If not, pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can access your account and look into this further 👍

SMM
Investigator
Investigator

I upgraded my phone so I guess the cost of the new handset could have triggered the message.

However, when I received the same messages in the past it was an error. I assumed it was the same error this time. The lack of consistency, unexplained credit limit, and errors could be to blame for ignored messages in the future.

Can you confirm that it was the cost of the new handset could have triggered the message?

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SMM Yes, an upgrade charge on your account would indeed trigger the message. I get why you'd be uncertain of these messages as you've received them in error in the past. If you receive one again that you're not sure about then certainly pop us a message and we'll look into it for you, we're always happy to help 😁