Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Overcharging on my bill pay

CarolCK
Investigator

Overcharging on my bill pay

I had a query with my July-August-September bills which has left me extremely disappointed with Three. I have bill pay for roughly €60 a month with Three including free calls, texts and 8GB of data. What I don't understand is each of my bills have been paid yet I went to check my bill online as I haven't received a text to tell me when my bill is due. Now it suddenly says I owe over €220 which I don't understand how. Up until this year I never had any problems with 3 until now and I called a few times over the summer because and asked to change my bill date. I was told no which I then expressed that I wouldn't be able to pay my bills until the 10th of each month as I get paid monthly havung started a new job. The woman said that was fine and that my bill would be taken out around the 8th but I wouldn't be charged for it. Then I called today and a man told me I had to pay over €220 before my next bill or I'll be cut off. Having been a Customer for 5 years I think this unfair and even though I have made around 3 phone calls over the past few months no one can tell me why I owe over €220 EVEN THOUGH I HAVE PAID EACH BILL. Furthermore why didn't any 3 representative tell me in my previous calls that I owed money?? I queried my issue with Three in July about how I had used all my data so they turned off my mobile data so how could I have overused my data when it was already off?. The man I spoke to today kept saying there was nothing wrong with my bill and that I shoulsd pay it and kept repeating my notes from previous calls trying to confuse me. Which didn't work. I think more training needs to be given to staff. No explanation / breakdown was given as to how I hiked up such a bill. Just repeating my notes over and over. I kept asking where did this figure of over €220 come from with no exact answer. More waffle than anything. It's crazy and disgraceful. He saidm I'd have to set up a DD mandate again as 3 decided to cancel the one I already had without telling me!!!! DISGRACEFUL. 

From one very unhappy and unsatisfied customer who will take this issue to Consumer Rights and anywhere else I can.

2 REPLIES 2
Three_Shauna
Developer

@Anonymous CK I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience and I'll certainly pass on this feedback. I'm more than happy to help you out here and check out the bills and give you the answers you need. Can you send me a PM with the following details please and I'll look into this further 👉 your full name, phone number, address and date of birth?  Once I have these details I'll check this out.